Menzoberranzan: a.G.o.H. - Round Three

Old Nov 15 '10, 4:30pm
Great Wyrm

Menzoberranzan: a.G.o.H. - Round Three

Netheril: The Empire of Magic - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e - Forgotten Realms 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 10

Round Three: This is for the general Sandbox. For the most part you are all expendable Secondary PCs (SPC) who may be snuffed out at a moments notice by other, more important characters. As a PC, secondclass though you are, I fully expect you to rise above this underdog status.

I am looking for players who know and understand Drow culture and who can proactively write themselves into the story without heavy handed DMing on my part. This section of the game is designed to bring the City to life.

I am calling for up to ten more players, but may accept more depending on quality of applications.

Due Date: Sunday the 21st of November, 2010 at Midnight (PST).

Details
Level: 11
Gestalt: LA / Racial HD allowed on one side. Fractional BAB / Saves.
Rule 11: Pre-mod Stats ranging from 7 to 18. You may have no more than two odds. And your total stat mods = 11. Example: Str 18, Dex 14, Con 15, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 17.
Alignments: Any,
Materials: XPH, Core, Tomes (links below in Spoiler), Forgotten Realms line, ToM, ToB: Bo9S, Completes, Races of, Libris Mortis, Lords of Madness,
On a case by case basis
Eberron line, Pathfinder, Trailblazer, most WotC books. All builds must be approved, regardless of source materials.
Races: Anything with Darkvision; Tome Drow favored (LA 2 Drow allowed)
Classes: A staggering array of classes (base and PrC) available.
Drow Paragon: gives +1 level of cleric or wizard for each level (instead of just at 1st and 3rd).
Banned: Truenamer.
Feats: Everybody gains a
In addition to the standard feats at 1, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, etc. And in addition to any other bonus feats you are entitled to by classes, templates, etc
Bonus Feat per level. Regional (FR) Feats may only be taken at level 1. You may have up to two Regional Feats, don’t worry about meeting region requirements. You may only select a Tome Feat using your standard feat progression, with the exception of classes that give Tome Feats. No flaws or traits allowed.
Cohorts and Spawn: Rule 9 (as R11, but less so), Gestalt. Spawn are restricted by level as a Cohort.
Followers: Standard array; non-gestalt; Core PC classes.
Skills: no distinction between class and non-class skills. No synergies.

Example application...
Name:
Race:
Build:
Relevant NPCs:

Game Description:

the GameYou just lost it.

D&D 3.5+; Gestalt lvl 11; Forgotten Realms - Mythallar Era of Netheril in NY 870
Applications due: TBD
Sheets: not used, ask me about Character Threads if not familiar with them.

I have long wanted to run a campaign set in Netheril. I will be pulling fluff from the 2e Netheril Boxset, but will not be bound by it entirely. This is my take on Netheril and I will also be taking inspiration from Ancient Rome.

Netheril is still a young empire, destined to stand for nearly another 3000 years. Twenty-five years ago the Arch-Arcanist Ioulaum created the first Mythallar. Four years ago he raised the first of Netheril's flying cities using heights of magic never before seen upon Abeir-Toril. Ioulaum's Enclave is but the first of many. All across the Empire Arcanists strive to be the next to raise an Enclave to soar above the Empire.

Much of the Realms exist in a state of barbarism with few other great civilizations of note. North west of the Empire lies the under-mountain nation of Delzoun. Far to the south, on the Sword Coast lies Calimshan. East of Calimsham, across the Lake of Steam lies Jhaamdath. And to the east lies fabled Cormanthyr, the Elven Court.

You are of the patrician class of Netheril. Your studies have brought you to Ioulaum's Enclave where each has been trained as either an Arcanist or Priest of the Nine.
Details
Level: 11th
Gestalt: LA / Racial HD allowed on one side. Fractional BAB / Saves.
Rule 11: Pre-mod Stats ranging from 7 to 18. You may have no more than two odds. And your total stat mods = 11. Example: Str 18, Dex 14, Con 15, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 17.
Alignments: Any.
Materials: XPH, Core, Forgotten Realms line, ToM, ToB: Bo9S, Completes, Races of, Libris Mortis, Lords of Madness, Eberron line, most WotC books.
Unusual materials / Homebrew: TOMEs, Oslecamo. On a case by case basis.
HP: Average +1 (+con) for each
Including 1st. I am done with random stats and HP in my games
level. To avoid confusion: d4: 3.5 (per level; keep track of your fractions, they add up); d6: 4.5; d8: 5.5; d10: 6.5; d12: 7.5
Races: Human with a free +2 to any stat. Cohorts may be more diverse.
LA: LA Buyoff allowed.
Classes: Found here
Feats: Everybody gains a
In addition to the standard feats at 1, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, etc. And in addition to any other bonus feats you are entitled to by classes, templates, etc
Bonus Feat per level. Regional (FR) Feats may only be taken at level 1. You may have up to two Regional Feats, don’t worry about meeting region requirements. You may only select a Tome Feat using your standard feat progression, with the exception of classes that give Tome Feats. No flaws or traits allowed.
Leadership: Found here
Skills: No distinction between class and non-class skills. No synergies. Any class (base or PrC) that gets 2+int skills instead gets 4+int skills.
acrobatics (balance, tumble), appraise, athletics (climb, jump, swim), autohypnosis, bluff, concentration, craft, decipher script, diplomacy, disable device (includes Open Lock; Int), disguise, forgery, legerdemain (escape artist, sleight of hand, use rope),
no longer a skill. Anybody can attempt to “gather info” using any skill they can justify
gather information
, handle animal, heal, iaijutsu focus, intimidate, knowledge (arcana; includes psionics), knowledge (architecture and engineering), knowledge (dungeoneering), knowledge (geography), knowledge (history), knowledge (local: choose a location), knowledge (nature), knowledge (nobility and royalty), knowledge (planar), knowledge (religion), perception (listen, spot), perform, profession, ride, search, sense motive, speak language, spellcraft (includes psionics), stealth, survival, use magic device (includes psionics) Tome of Necromancy, Tome of Fiends, Races of War (be sure to check out "The Failure of Feats" section), Dungeonomicon

For (free) Download: Tome of Awesome <--- more complete than what is on DanDwiki.

Applications!
go here

To start your application make a post in the Applications folder with character name (if you know it) and your MW handle in ().
Example: Veir-iliv (Jreece). After characters are chosen your application will double as your Character Thread.

PSAOriginally printed Nov 19, 2011
For those of you new to my games, I do not use "sheets". At all.

Go ahead and make them up for your personal benefit and to generate stat-blocks to build off of, but I will not be looking at sheets for any reason. Instead every aspect of your character is to go into your Character Thread.

Some of you have already taken to this, most of you have been in earlier games of mine and already know this. Some of you have yet to put a single thing into your "CT". Which is fine if you're busy or whatever. But until your character is approved on the CT, you may not post IC.

I realize that this creates some extra homework for you, the player, but I'm ok with that. :p
example appName:
Race / Template(s):
Class / Role:
Background: I am a very reactive DM, interesting backgrounds and characters may receive more interesting adventures.
Description: This is *not* an invitation to post a pic. In fact I would rather you didn't. If you absolutely must, put it in a Spoiler tab.
Personality: What makes your PC click?
Team Background: To be fleshed out with the rest of your band. What great deeds have you done? Who have you royally pissed off? Inquiring DMs want to know.

Loved ones: Family, friends, neighbors. People who might depend on your PC in a time of crisis.
Nemesis: Someone who is or was out to get your PC. Potential BBEG/BBGG types.
Rivals: From friendly rivals in your chosen vocation to bitter enemies, likely not powerful enough to threaten the entire party.

Brief RP sample, involving the metaplot as you know it:
example extended stat-blockName
Race Class

Initiative: +?, Senses: listen +?, sense motive +?, spot +?
Languages:
AC:
Base
?; Touch: ?, Flat-Footed: ?; Speed: ?ft
HP:
?
?; Fort:
Base: , Con: +
?, Ref:
Base: , Ref: +?
?, Will:
Base: , Will: +
?

Attack –
BA +; Grapple
Special actions –

? Spells (CL ; DC ? – ?)
0th (?)

Abilities
Race:
Template:
Level:
R11 - Str: , Dex: , Con: , Int: , Wis: , Cha:

Str: , Dex: 1, Con: , Int: , Wis: , Cha:
:
Light load:
Med load:
Max load:
Overhead:
Off Ground:
Push/Drag:
Str , Dex: , Con: , Int: , Wis: , Cha:

Alignment:

SQ:

Feats:
Skills
? pts
: concentration
ranks: , +
+?,
Possessions
WBL
:

What if we wind up snuffing out one of the primary PCs?

Edit: Stuff I'd like to use: Metaphysical Spellshaper (BoEF, otherwise known as Book of Horrendously Bad Photoshops) and Thaumaturge (Tome Base Class).

Edit #2: Idea hit full force. Psionic Illithid Thaumaturge 4/Metaphysical Spellshaper 3/Thaumaturge +4//Psionic Illithid 9-11(/Psion 1-2) converted via method 1 in Tomes, giving some bonuses that are kind of... interesting.

+4 Int, +2 Dex, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma are easily discovered. Strength might be +4 or +2, because Con has the same score and might also be +4 or +2. I think +2 Strength, +4 Con. (Also might be under-CRing a bit, but I can't see 9th level Psion manifesting being more than 10-11 Aberration hitdie for CR. Possibly as high as 12.)

Basic idea: Illithid 'merchant', who is also one of the myriad spies that contaminate drow society, watching the dance of chaos and possibly participating if he can do so safely. Functions primarily as an enchanter, willingly enchanting (or enhancing) equipment for the right price. Of course, given that this character is already in the Wish Economy*, that'd be a hell of a price. But, more or less, he'd function as one of the illithid society's eyes in the chaotic city, feeding back information. Gradually having grown accustomed to the chaos, and learning to revel in it - when it's appropriate to do so, of course, and only when it wouldn't threaten his status.

*If not using the Wish Economy, I do hope you're using the crafting changes.

Edit #3: Rule 11; is that total stat mods before or after racial adjustments?

Gonna throw into this one... Let's see what i can come up with.

Right now thinking about a barkeep - low-born drow guy who runs a tavern in MB. No idea on classes. Probably something sneaky though...

I'm very interested in this. I'll probably apply with my Elan Wildshape Ranger / Master of Many Forms // Monk / Psychic Warrior.

Sigh, my Turtle Rider doesn't stand a chance. Why doesn't anybody like my characters?
:|

Dey are so cool!