Old Nov 20 '10, 8:13am
Great Wyrm

Recruitment Drive for One Piece!

One Piece - Forum
Mutants and Masterminds
Estimated Members Requested: 12

Intro
Wealth, Fame, Power.

The man who acquired everything in this world, the Pirate King, Gol D. Roger. The final words that were said at his execution, sent people to the seas.

"My wealth and treasures? If you want it, I'll let you have it. Look for it, I left it all in that place."

Men now, chasing their dreams, head towards the Grand Line.

The world now enters a Great Age of Pirates!

Tone of the GameOne Piece is a whacky, dramatic, fantasy world of epic portions. Where great pirates are the equivalent of Supers, hence why I will be using the 2nd Edition of Mutant & Masterminds and some of its supplement. A flexible point base RPG system. If you can imagine it, it is possible.

The PlayersI'm looking for heroic characters that are looking for adventure, treasure, and chasing their dreams. Also, team players, I'm not looking for the lone wolf who can do everything, because, well, you can't. That's why you join a crew.

To apply to this game, before anything, have access to the book. It's very important that you acquire the core book by some means. Next, have a concept. What do you look like? Did you eat a devil fruit? What is your skill set? Do you use a weapon? Do you have a bad sense of direction? Important questions that deserve a well thought out answer. You don't need to make a sheet until you are accepted into the game. Finally, tie it all together with the backstory. Where you came from, who raised you, who taught you what, things like that need to be answered. A well thought out and written backstory can make a big difference. No haki user are permitted at this time.

When one is accepted the rules for character creation will be posted in the game thread.

Crews
There are two active crews. The Pinstripe Pirates lead by Ryan D. "The Suit" Syrus and The Virtuoso Pirates lead by "Visionary" Ree.

Pinstripe Positions
Filled positions are...
  • Captain - Ryan D. "The Suit" Syrus, ??? ??? Fruit - ???
  • Cook - "Godspeed" Marshall D. Vice, Zoom Zoom Fruit - Superspeed
  • Musician - "Puppy Eyes" Shiron, Fox-Fox Fruit: Model Nine Tails - Mythical Beast
  • Doctor - Bahari

Virtuoso Positions
Filled positions are...
  • Captain - "Visionary" Ree - Art Art Fruit - Animate Drawings
  • Navigator - "Wind Dancer" Winnie - Storm Storm Fruit - Weather Control
  • Gunmen/Inventor - Andrew "Steam-Engine" Jones - Steam Steam - Steam Man

Applications
Sharpshooter - "Labyrinth" Zini - Wall Wall Fruit - Wall Creation
Doctor - Midou Shingo
Shipwright - Judai Hikuosu - Weight Weight Fruit - Small Scale Gravity Control
Doctor - "Hell Garden" Camohin Eden - Flower Flower Fruit - Living Garden
Cook or Musician - Katie Elenoora - Herc Herc Fruit - Super Strength
Musician/Sharpshooter/Crafter - Mary Collette Bell
Gunner - Masti the Jet
Gunman - Trittiak the Gun-Man - Gun Gun Fruit - Gun Man
Tactician - Vincent "The Four Shots of" Whiskey
Jack Of All Trades/Shipwright - Eric "Halfhanded" Wright
Navigator/Cook - Hermione Wingfield
Craftsmen/Scholar - Deimos "The Reaper" Argyros
Swordsmen/Tactician - "Devil Count" Julian Erasis
Shipwright - Wes - Cat-Cat Fruit, Model: Tiger
Musician/Scholar - Elise Chausperg
Cook/Artist - "Red Rivers" D'Amore - Time Time Fruit - Limited control of time and space.
Shipwright - Kubo
Theif - Lenny 'The Mirror Bandit' Goodwin - Mirror Mirror Fruit

These are subject to change in the near and far future.

Game Description:

Ok..., where to start?

Let's try from the beginning.

Wealth, Fame, Power.

The man who acquired everything in this world, the Pirate King, Gol D. Roger. The final words that were said at his execution, sent people to the seas.

"My wealth and treasures? If you want it, I'll let you have it. Look for it, I left it all in that place."

Men now, chasing their dreams, head towards the Grand Line.

The world now enters a Great Age of Pirates!

There, but this isn't your normal One Piece. This is One Piece AT (Alternate Time), where some of those if are answered. Such as, what if Luffy didn't become a pirate? What if the Straw Hat Pirates didn't shake the World's Government foundation to its core?

Well, follow me and let's find out, shall we?

Last edited by zeone3000; Dec 10 '10 at 9:11pm..
SilverLeaf167 your toughness is above the Power Limit. You will need to lower your Toughness, Defense or both. Also you can not straight raise the Toughness save. The only way to raise it is through feats, powers, or raising your Constitution score. You will need to lower your toughness, Defense or both.

Your Strike damage is also above the Power limit.

Gravity Control is already an area effect so I do not think you can take the Area Extra on it. You need Selective Attack Extra for it not the Selective power feat.

There was also Miss Valentine of Baroque Works who ate the Kilo-Kilo fruit, which allowed her to control her weight and mass. A little different though as she could only change her own weight, not that of things around her.

Alright, I can live with that. I think I'll just go with the idea that his physical abilities stem from training and that his ability to heal is just an extremely proficient use of tools (ie. Limited to when he has his medical tools). Could I use my idea for Haki variants later on though?

Also, what books can we use? You've mentioned the 2e core and Ultimate power, but are Mecha & Manga and Gimmick's Guide to Gadgets also options?

You could do it the way Bahari is doing it. He is using equipment for his healing supplies.

Backpack (utility belt)
Mighty pill (boost-super strength 6 total fade slow fade) 13ep
3 Orange seaweed bandage (healing 3 limited to recovery check) 3ep
Red puffer fish cream (healing 8 limited to recovery check only) 1ep
Sea snake anti-venom vial (healing 5 limited to poison saves) 1ep
Scaly octopus tonic (healing 5 limited to disease saves) 1ep
Essence of Hercules fish (boost str 10 restorative) 1ep
Essence of Quick octopus (boost dex 10 restorative) 1ep
Essence of Hardy snapper (boost con 10 restorative) 1ep
Hyper pill (super-speed 1) 1ep

Okay, I've completed a character sheet based on PL 10 chargen and added it to my original post. Tell me what you think and I'll make any necessary corrections.

hmm debating on what you need I might join....thinking of playing as a spy though...kind of a person used to distract or cause distractions while others pull off things similar to Nami.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodrever View Post
SilverLeaf167 your toughness is above the Power Limit. You will need to lower your Toughness, Defense or both. Also you can not straight raise the Toughness save. The only way to raise it is through feats, powers, or raising your Constitution score. You will need to lower your toughness, Defense or both.

Your Strike damage is also above the Power limit.

Gravity Control is already an area effect so I do not think you can take the Area Extra on it. You need Selective Attack Extra for it not the Selective power feat.
Where does it say that you can't raise Toughness normally? Also, if my Defense is 5, I can have a Toughness of 15.
Oh, I didn't think that rule included strikes with the Mighty feat... but I took the feat off anyway.
I added the Area modifier in order to change the area into Shapeable.

I would still like a confirmation from zeone.

Bloodrever is now the official Co-GM, treat his word as my own unless I say otherwise.

Anyway, page 33 right before capabilities, states you can only increase Toughness saving throw bonus above your base Constitution bonus with feats and powers.

Under Mighty in the Strike Power, it statses you can add your Strength bonus to your Strike rank to determine your melee damage when using your Strike. The total damage is still limited by the campaign’s power level.

Finally, right thinking, wrong Extra. It would be the one Bloodrever said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeone3000 View Post
Bloodrever is now the official Co-GM, treat his word as my own unless I say otherwise.

Anyway, page 33 right before capabilities, states you can only increase Toughness saving throw bonus above your base Constitution bonus with feats and powers.

Under Mighty in the Strike Power, it statses you can add your Strength bonus to your Strike rank to determine your melee damage when using your Strike. The total damage is still limited by the campaign’s power level.

Finally, right thinking, wrong Extra. It would be the one Bloodrever said.
Does that mean that I can only raise the number in the Base Modifier square with feats/powers, or that the Base Modifier can't be higher than the Ability Modifier?

Also, is there some more appropriate extra for modifying the shape of the area?