Subject 13

Man, Tier 1 Upgrades are kind of underwhelming. Should I invest in getting my WS up to a better than 1 in 3 chance of success, or should I sink points into weapon upgrades for a chain-axe?

Your WS is actually a 1-in-2 when piloting EVA 13, which is about where it should be right now. What you really need to do is get on the Progressive weapon bandwagon. My advice would be to drop 100 points on Melee Weapon Training (Prog) and then another 100 on a Weapon Upgrade Point. Then recycle (page 82) the point you already have in your current Axe for a Progressive Axe, leaving you with 200 xp still to spend. That's a net gain of +1 Penetration and a double damage roll from the Tearing rule, which is a pretty wicked-rude amount of pain to be dealing at this point in the game on your melee hits.

Alternatively, consider the Progressive Spear for it's useful properties as a throwing-capable weapon (fighting asymmetric battles against opponents who don't always bother with doing anything remotely convenient for the purposes of your attempt to battle them on equal terms is part of the "fun" of Evangelion). A few (but not all!) Angels won't have enough Armor plating to make the difference in damage vs. Penetration negligible, but that's the trade off. Then next level you can grab AT Pull to have a very handy retrievable Angel 'deep impact penetrator'... which I'm sure would lead to no end of humorous weirdness from the 13's.

And the funny thing is, either of those weapons would make Renny!13 even more of an Asuka expy, if you ignore the insanity and all. I think it would make more sense to pick up the spear when we hit Level 2, because I was planning on picking up AT Pull regardless.

So, I'll do the first option for now, then either put the rest into Guardian or bumping up Willpower or something. What do the Basic/Advanced/Expert/Whatever XP tags for buying stat points mean again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mask_De_H View Post
And the funny thing is, either of those weapons would make Renny!13 even more of an Asuka expy, if you ignore the insanity and all. I think it would make more sense to pick up the spear when we hit Level 2, because I was planning on picking up AT Pull regardless.

So, I'll do the first option for now, then either put the rest into Guardian or bumping up Willpower or something. What do the Basic/Advanced/Expert/Whatever XP tags for buying stat points mean again?
WS 100/250/500/750
BS 250/500/750/1000

You can buy advancements to your characteristics only 4 times each. Every advancement is always a cumulative +5 to the characteristic, so the maximum bonus you can receive is a +20 over your starting score. The cost of doing this scales upwards every time you do it, hence the 4 different numbers.

So for a Pointman, sequentially advancing your Weapon Skill to +20 over where it started would take a total of 1600 xp (100+250+500+750), where the cost scales upwards with every new +5 stacking bonus you buy. Ballistic Skill is more unforgiving at a total of 2500 xp, because every career prioritizes the characteristics differently.

Oh hey, it's Sahaquiel.

I'll go join the band with Jack.
Dice Roll: 2d100
d100 Results: 7, 94 (Total = 101)
Fellowship?

Why did you roll twice? I'll take the 7 because why not, but I'm just curious. Also, the more story cues you give me the better. What instruments do you choose to play, and which of the twins is doing this? Or is it both of them?

Also you should take two regular Time Management rolls at this time as well, one for the week and one for the past week (Synch training isn't a possible choice, look in the Life on the Ground chapter for more details). Don't worry about the parts about Synch Disruption, we take care of those at the start of every battle for simplicities' sake.

That's why I rolled twice: I'm doing Jack's band thing both for now and to replace the Synch thing. The first week, Renny catches wind of Jack faffing about with his band idea and goes out to requisition a drumset because she likes hitting things. Not to be outdone, Renton "finds" a Stratocaster and teaches himself the three chords necessary to start a band.

The second week, Rent Boy saunters in like he's cock of the walk and shows up to Jack's Keionbu homeroom, ready to rock on drums or on guitar.

If you want something else, then he/she does VR Eva weapons training with his shiny new Prog Spear. Combat Training (WS).

Dice Roll: 1d100
d100 Results: 28
Target Number 36