Gamer's Lounge

Hurrah for our escape! Thanks to Ferguth for finishing off that rat when my damage roll slumped, and kudos to Chris for excellent GMing throughout.

I think Serin will raise two skills to d6: Fighting (for obvious reasons!) and Knowledge (folklore), in preparation for taking the Master Storyteller edge someday.

Do we want to bring anyone else into the wagon, or is that just inviting a riot? Should we head straight for Dunross to deliver the grain, or is there somewhere else our two passengers need to visit first?

Rindilnir has taken the Ambidextrous edge. He can now make 2 attacks with no penalty.

You know, I had to go back to the Paizo profile to remember what I did last time!

I've had a quick look through the available options and there's nothing that I think 'must have that!'. On one hand, I probably *should* put something into driving this damn wagon, but on the other hand there are other things that would be more useful. Would people think poorly of me if I chose to increase Healing and Notice to D8 each (which, incidentally *was* what I did last time - I take it there is no rule to say you can't increase skills more than once per rank?) and we all take our chances of being driven off a cliff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derabar View Post
Would people think poorly of me if I chose to increase Healing and Notice to D8 each (which, incidentally *was* what I did last time - I take it there is no rule to say you can't increase skills more than once per rank?) and we all take our chances of being driven off a cliff?
No, I definitely would not think poorly of you... and yes, you can increase your skills more than once per rank.

I think Varn's hapless inability to drive the wagon is quickly becoming a common and comic trope of the campaign. :-)

By all means, raise Healing and Notice. That'll take them both to the same level as your Smarts... which probably suggests the next stat raise to take.

I kind of find it funny that Varn can't drive the wagon. One of these days Ferguth will have to take the reigns and see if he can do better.

Healing and Notice to d8 sounds like a good plan. And no, there are no rules about how often you can increase skills. Only Attributes can be raised once per rank.

I am debating if Ferguth is going to stick with the pyromancy or if he is going to start his path towards Master of the Four Elements.....for now though, I think having a Parry would be a good thing.

Having a quick scan over my sheet, can someone else check I haven't made an error with my sums? I started with the standard 15 points worth of skills, and used the free advance we got to increase 2 skills by a dice each.

I've got 4 points of hindrances but only 2 Edges plus an increase in 1 stat (paid for with the free bonus Edge for being human). Have I sold myself short and should have more?

OK lets see here...

six points allocated to stats - so there is your free advance for being human
4 points of flaws = +4 points
2 Edges = -4 points
15 points of skills +2 for Advance

That looks right to me. Remember, when you buy hindrances, Edges cost 2 of those points to buy.

Of course! Knew there was an explanation but without my book I wasn't seeing it. Non-existent problem solved - time to go and update my sheet