Oh, Rats!

ZhuGuan, half-elf

ZhuGuan watches as people run by him to engage the swarm in the other room and smiles. "That's my kinda party," he grins at his own pun.

Jared Lees, Halfling, Gloom Pact Binder

With a yelp Jared draws his rod and sends a stream of shadows in the direction of the rats.

The stream of shadows seem to darken further and sweep around the rats causing them to recoil in terror.

Oh, Rats! - Round 2

Allyria screams as the rats start.... well not really attacking her, but something far more disgusting. This dungeon is getting worse and worse. Reacting more on instinct than plan, she disappears from the room, reappearing like Nightcrawler but without the brimstone in the previous room.

"Wait till Jared and... Fu Man Chu get in here and then close the doors. There's really gross leg-humping rats in there."

"It's just some rats. Besides, they seem to like you,"ZhuGuan jokes. Before retreating back to the echo room he risks trying to cull some of the rats . A single black feather, unseen by him, falls beside him as he strikes at the swarm.

'My friends are getting eaten by rats?' Vicky's mind races as she turns towards the other room, only to have Allyria suddenly appear in front of her.

"What's happening?" she asks, obviously stressed out. The thought that another one of her few friends here might disappear soon frightens her.

"Rats?" Jack readies himself for more combat. Rats? Man, this is, like, level 1 stuff for every RPG ever.

Wait he said... Rat!! John realized that the others kept going when Snap-On appeared. What's the worst rats can do?? John weakly swings but misses the entirety of the swarm before him.

Seeing that John storms into the room, Vicky decides to follow him. She moves past Allyria and spots the swarm. 'A swarm of fiendish rats,' she thinks to herself, 'Why does it surprise me that I know so much about them?'

ZhuGuan watches as people run by him to engage the swarm in the other room and smiles. "That's my kinda party," he grins at his own pun.

Positioning herself next to John, Vicky recalls information she seems to have memorized in some other life. "These things are resistant to Cold, Fire and single-target attacks. Anything that hits an area is good," she calls out to the others. She has little choice but ignore her own advice as she strikes at the swarm, having little access to those kinds of attacks herself. As she strikes, she tries to send a spirit of life towards John. She fares no better than John did with her own attack, placing herself in a position of risk.

With a yelp Jared draws his rod and sends a stream of shadows in the direction of the rats. The stream of shadows seem to darken further and sweep around the rats causing them to recoil in terror. Jared begins trying to hide himself in the shadows, away from the rats so that he can attack from a distance. The rats are not deterred by this, and they charge past John, not interested in eating the strange dead thing. As the swarm passes, John swings his sword. His blade
Natural 20
cuts a swath through them, sending
The rats are bloodied now
bloody rat parts flying everywhere. As his weapon swishes through the creatures it seems to cut a slice out of the air behind it.

His heroic deeds have been rewarded by access to an ancient store of weaponry. He sees inside the strange rift a suit of plate armor, a triple flail, a set of pauldrons, a pair of boots, and a set of gauntlets. Each item in the cache is etched with runes. John tries to make sense of what he is seeing, trying to determine what he should do. He sees the rip already starting to fade and knows he only has time to grab 1 thing. With no knowledge of what he is seeing, and no time to really ask the others for advice he reaches in and grabs the Pauldrons. The others see his arm momentarily vanish only to emerge with the strange arm guards in hand.

John looks down at the blood-covered rats still swarming towards Vicky and Jared. The creatures are dwindling in numbers fast, but they are still determined to make a meal out of at least one of the adventurers (or perhaps a mate out of Allyria...). They begin
7 damage
biting and chewing at Vicky, apparently wanting fowl for dinner.

The shadows could not have been hiding him as well as he thought, or the rats got lucky, for they swarmed over Jared biting and scratching.

"Aghhhh! You little...!"

Jared sets the shadows swirling and again sends them towards the rodents, but the pain of his wounds though slight is off putting enough, and the movement in the shadows fades to nothing.

ZhuGuan, half-elf

ZhuGuan sees the fight has moved beyond the door way and opts for a less than normal attack. Moving down the room he charges north. Bracing his glaive in his left arm he grabs the doorway as he crosses and uses the momentum to bring the weapon around cutting through the rats. The haft of the glaive just narrowly sweeping over the halfling's head. "It's good your short," the giant half-elf says.

Attack against me

John Clarke - Eladrin Revenant Hybrid (Warden/Swordmage)

Feeling the rats swarm over him John stomach turns, he looks at his newly acquired pauldrons 'What just happened... I wonder what other power I can do.' Confused he concentrated on the fight feeling the teeth of the rats he started to feel week from them John activated his armor. "Why don't you chew on each other for awhile."

If hits John gains 4 temp hp, If hits half damage due to sickness, If hits half damage again due to using melee

"I'm not short. I'm tall for my size." Jared tries to swat the rats off him. "And any way, what if I'd jumped then?"

ZhuGuan, half-elf

"Then, my giant halfling friend, your head would hurt and your ears would ring." The half-elf recovers his balance from his unsuccessful attempt at an improvised attack.