Notices

Non Sequitur

A place for light-hearted forum games and other threads that don't promote discussion.

10 Spot Game - nWoD Favorite

10 Spot Game - nWoD Favorite

Hey, it's been a while, but back when I frequented a few forums, we used to do these games that I think were called 10 Spots.

Basically, you list a bunch of stuff and each one starts at 10. Each post gets to add 1 to some thing on the list that they really like, but you have to take away 1 from some thing else on the list. As this is a Gaming Forum, some thing Game Related would be a good place to start!

So lets start out with the new World of Darkness game-lines. I didn't include Mummy because it doesn't exist yet nor did I include vanilla because it seems sort of unfair. So, lets start!

Vampire the Requiem 10
Mage the Ascension 10
Werewolf the Forsaken 10
Changeling the Lost 10
Promethean the Created 10
Hunter the Vigil 10
Geist the Sin-Eaters 10

If you get something to zero you get to add something new to the list and it starts at 10. There should also be a way to prune things that are overwhelmingly approved of. Also, you should have started the list of a bunch of random things. Why seven? Let's ramp it up to ten list items as well. I'm adding one list item: Modest Mouse.

Vampire the Requiem
Because Twilight et al has ruined vampires forever for everyone. Werewolves too, but furries already ruined them before so that's no loss.
Mage the Ascension 10
Werewolf the Forsaken 10
Changeling the Lost 10
Hunter the Vigil 10
Geist the Sin-Eaters 10
Modest Mouse 11

Vampire the Requiem 9
Mage the Ascension
I prefer Mage the Awakening for nWoD
Werewolf the Forsaken 10
Changeling the Lost 11
Hunter the Vigil 10
Geist the Sin-Eaters 10
Modest Mouse 11

You forgot to add a new list item, Orchomenos.

Ooh, I know. How about, there are ten items at any time. You remove the lowest ranked one and add a new item, then remove one point and add one point to something other than the item you added. Finally, the first item to make it to 100 points wins the thread.

Well I think this game is doomed anyway. I tried to explain rules by which more people would be interested and the same handful of people could keep participating/remain interested, but meh. I guess I didn't explain well enough and forum games can't tolerate too many rules anyway.