Game Mechanics Discussion (OOC)

Game Mechanics Discussion (OOC)

A thread to discuss anything relating to game mechanics and how best to adapt them for PBP.

Conflict Mechanics for PBP

This will be a bit of a work in progress, if anyone has a good idea for making it tidier or run more smoothly then speak up.

I'm not sure if it is best to keep everything in the one ongoing thread, either in OOC fieldsets or in spoiler boxes (examples Below) or to have a separate thread where we can keep track of the actual dice rolls. At the moment my preference would probably be for putting rolls into the spoiler boxes in the main thread and the specifics of dice used for sees and raises into OOC fieldsets.

OOCPlayer 1: Acuity + Heart
Dice Roll: 4d6 5d6
d6 Results: 1, 3, 5, 1 (Total = 10)
d6 Results: 6, 2, 6, 6, 5 (Total = 25)

----------------------------------------------
Example
----------------------------------------------

Player: Blah, blah, blah ...
OOCRaise: 4+4
Remaining: 2, 2, 5, 4, 3, 6, 1

Since all the participants in a conflict need to roll at the same time initially it is possible that I could simply roll all the relevant starting dice and determine who goes first (in terms of highest role). Alternatively everyone could do a short pre-conflict post including their rolls.

People can add additional dice for sees, raises or escalation in the specific relevant post and add the dice to their pool.