Combat Rules/Tweaks

This is a list of modifications/templates/code to help with combat.

Initiative: In the interest of reducing the number or rolls/waiting for other people to post I'm going to use "group initiative" and handle initiative myself. Let me know if you have any abilities/spells to modify this so I can factor it in ahead of time.

Full initiative order works well when we're all around a table, in PbP it doesn't work as well since posting times can be in different order than turn order. To get around this and preserver the importance of initiative I'm going to basically have two initiative groups. The party(that's you) and the enemies.

Example: The party wins initiative, you all get to post in whatever order you can and then I'll resolve the actions and the enemies can go.

So Jaythor is able to post first and does so, then Deril gets home from work late and is able to post, followed by Siirna who finally got up from her afternoon nap. Then the enemies get to go and it's the partys turn in whatever order they are available.

So how am I going to calculate this "group initiative"? Basically an average of your initiative(which I'll roll using the sheetdice feature).

ExampleUnable to find the game forumThug Initiatives
Thug Initiatives:
Dice Roll:
1d20 1d20 1d20
d20 Results: 17
d20 Results: 13
d20 Results: 20
These dice were omitted, altered, or moved: 1d20+4
Original Dice: 1d20+4

So in this example the PC's would get to go first after the surprise round(if any).
These dice sets were omitted or moved: 1d20+5, 1d20+2, 1d20 1d20 1d20, 1d20 1d20 1d20