Great Wyrm

Seeking 1 Excellent Player/Writer for Classic Fantasy

The World of L'Tiene - Forum
GURPS
Ad Closes: Sep 15 '11
Estimated Members Requested: 1

The Capital City of Tormauz in the Kingdom of Tormauz

Setting Music

Prerequisite Data: We do not have a desperate need for another character for this game, however, our group has decided we would like another player if we can find someone that will mesh well as we are at a juncture where such a thing is possible. This means character application process will be particularly discriminatory, so if this is something that worries you then you may wish to apply for another game. If that sounds like a fun challenge, please put your best foot forward. Applicants should be versed in:

The New Member Guide

and

The Player Guide

and it is a bonus if they are familiar the GM GUIDE as well.

Posting Requirement: Players will be required to post at least once every other day AT A MINIMUM (in character if appropriate and in the OOC if not appropriate), many players post more than once a day and this is to be encouraged. Periods of extended absence should be announced ahead of time in the OOC thread. If an emergency causes a player to go missing they will be put into "passive mode" by the GM, offering minimal interaction and inferior combat tactics. Consistent extended unannounced absences may lead to removal from the game.

Having a demonstrated ability on one's profile to meet/exceed the minimum posting requirement will speak strongly in your favor.

Setting: The setting is a home brew campaign that has been extensively developed for nearly two decades by many GM's and Players and is known as the World of L'Tiene. Note: It is not recomended you attempt to read through the entire wiki at this time as you may spoil many plot elements. Based on your character concept the GM will recommend certain pages to you.

The world of L'Tiene is a unique fantasy game rich in setting and history. The setting has been in development with several GM's since 1994 (estimated) and is run by an experienced GM with role-playing experience going back to 1992 and has been involved in PBP since 2007. This game has been in regular session on MW since 2008 and our group is committed to telling an excellent story.

Estimated Group size: Currently we have 4 players and are seeking one more excellent player for a well rounded five man troop.

Requested Character Type: A classic Fantasy Style character is requested. The archetype you choose is up to you, however you should strongly consider that you must be a hero and think of how you mesh with the other character types, taking care not to directly duplicate another character concept.

House Rules: Please see the HOUSE RULES thread. Please note this game is story heavy and mechanics light. Mechanics are used during encounters of import, but less important activities are generally given free reign by the PC's with only occasional corrections from the GM if continuity or plot issues arise.

Home Brew Outline:

Plot/Campaign Outline:

Background Requirements: Characters must not be from Khenzil Keep and must post 500-5000 words of background as well as a character portrait.

Additional PC Requirements: At least one year of experience on RPG and PBP is preferred Must have access to GURPS: Characters in 4e version, GURPS "Magic" and "Fantasy" supplements are also highly recommended. Additional book access is allowed but not required. You must have your character sheet set to editable for the GM and public.

How to apply for this game: Post interest here, and then follow up with a personal message to me with a character concept pitch and any other details you wish to include. I will then take any potential candidates to the players who will each have a vote in which player will join us as well as my vote that will count as a tie breaker if needed.

Candidates will be chosen from this ad and those that contact me in 1 week when the add closes (this may take a day or two to notify you of your status). Very clearly the more work and effort you put into your character the greater the chances are that the group will choose you and your concept.

I will lightly assist (meaning; at my will as I am very busy with many projects) with concepts but will not assist with character sheets and other such things during the upcoming week of application acceptance. I will only assist the single player that is chosen with actual character creation, however, if your character sheet is filled out and you have a fully-furnished, well-written background that integrates well into the plot you will likely climb to the top of the list rather quickly.

Thanks all for your interest in the world of L'Tiene!

Game Description:

http://image.wetpaint.com/image/1/dN...2148/GW383H286
The Capital City of Tormauz in the Kingdom of Tormauz

The world of L'Tiene is a unique fantasy game rich in setting and history. The setting has been in development with several GM's since 1994 (estimated) and is run by an experienced GM with role-playing experience going back to 1992 and has been involved in PBP since 2007. This game has been in regular session since 2008 and our group is committed to telling an excellent story.

This game is focused on role playing as opposed to "roll" playing. That means character development and plot take precedence over equipment lists and statistics. This does not indicate a lack of combat in the game, but this is specifically not a dungeon hack and is instead an epic campaign setting. The focus is on telling a story, not winning the RPG and defeating the boss at the bottom of the dungeon. As such you should consider yourself a writer on a communal project first and a gamer second. The gaming aspect is there, but it is by far secondary.

The World of L'Tiene operates on GURPS 4th edition. Fantasy and Magic Supplements are recommended but not required.

We will only accept 1 player at this time, we will accept readers. If you are interested in playing, please take your time to review this information carefully.

The setting is supported by an entire wiki
I don't recommend you attempt to read through all of it at this juncture, it's very large and you might spoil several plot points for yourself. Instead bookmark this page and tell me about your concept and I'll direct you to some pages.

Known Locations*

Known NPC's*

*please note these threads show only what the party has publicly unlocked.

AKK Site (music, web design)

Last edited by World of L_Tiene; Sep 8 '11 at 8:21am..
Excellent, I'll look forward to your application

Just in case it wasn't clear, when you submit your concept for review, it can be at any stage, but should reflect some of your writing ability and work as a writing sample. I don't want just a character sheet, that's not useless but we really need to see you as a writer as well as a player.

Even if you have to send a separate writing sample, please make sure we get to see you writing.

Thanks!

Just a quick post, please be sure to read all of the instructions carefully to avoid wasted time on questions that are already answered.

It's not that I don't want to help, it's that time is in high demand.

Though it wasnt expressly stated, nor mandatory, the preferred formatting is just as the other characters are posted above.

FYI all, this is what I was looking for for the formatting, save for if you have a background, putting that in a spoiler as well.

Just to be clear also, several other players have sent me their entries privately.

Just a reminder, final entries due on the 15th at mindnight EST. After that we'll begin our voting procedure.

I am thoroughly impressed with the applicants and am thankful our group has the opportunity to have to make a very difficult set of choices here.