Cantina

I like the idea of what we do to the ship. Take the parts we like, sell what we don't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantra99 View Post
As for getting past pirates, we could fake a broken comm so they think it can only transmit text. It's not inconceivable that it took some kind of hit during the fighting.
A personal comm, sure - but why not just use the ship's comm? I think they would be suspicious as most ships don't use small personal comms to communicate with eachother when they have built in communications. It's like calling the jet pilot on his cell phone instead of a radio. The captain is also a Rodian, which makes audio deception a little bit harder for us.

When the captain wakes up, I can Mind Trick him into playing the middle-man for us from the ship's comm systems on the bridge. Hologram and all.

I was thinking his ships comm got damaged during the attack. We could contact the other ships by text only. Might make it easier to decieve them. Mind Trick is another good option.

In case you were wondering, here's the translation from wookiee: What? How? Where? What are you little girl?

The site just implemented a new translator I want to test out.

Shyriiwook;wookie

Shyriiwook;klingon

shyriiwook; wookie

Tricking the pirates will only work until they figure out we're headed to the planet, then the jig will be up, right? Won't they just blast us then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brcarl View Post
Tricking the pirates will only work until they figure out we're headed to the planet, then the jig will be up, right? Won't they just blast us then?
There's bound to be some sort of government "opposing" them or they would be working the planet where they could earn more and not the asteroid belt.

The problem is they have too much of a speed advantage over us. We need to convince them not to attack us, not try to sneak away and hope for the best.

Also, the freighter is undamaged. So far. If it stays that way, I say we should just ditch Olan and set off on our own!

Only for crew members? Haha, she's in the same room that you're talking aloud in

2 things:
1) He's wearing a helmet which he can wear in the vacuum of space and be perfectly fine, he could be yelling and you'd only hear him through the others' comms.
2) I actually didn't go into that room. I stayed out of there and checked the rest of the ship, pretty sure the Gunner Station is closer to the center of the ship rather than the Cockpit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savayan View Post
Also, the freighter is undamaged. So far. If it stays that way, I say we should just ditch Olan and set off on our own!
Shorwarr sorta owes Olan a lifedebt. He won't be ditching him anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantra99 View Post
Shyriiwook;wookie

Shyriiwook;klingon

shyriiwook; wookie
The first and last look good...and they're using the "wookie" language set...the second doesn't look anything like Shyriiwook because it's using the "klingon" set