OOC: In the Beginning...

It can be risky asking Fortune to be the party face. Not that she'd mind -- in fact, she's going to try to be that even if you try to stop her. But she thinks of herself first, second and third, and you can only rely on her if your best interests happen to be the same as hers.

Thanks for the suggestion of Crystal Orb. It was a very good idea. +2 damage/hit is a nice bonus when I'm themed for psychic stuff anyway.

Updated character sheet:

Gruunk Bloodfist
Half-orc Barbarian (Berserker)
Current HP: 33/33 Bloodied: 17
Healing Surges Used: 0/9 (8)
Resources Used:

Conditions:

Here's what will most likely be Tarner's final sheet:

Tarner, Warforged Warlock
Init +1 HP 35/35 Bloodied 17 Healing Surge 8 (0 used /10)
AC 16 Fort 15 Reflex 15 Will 15 Speed 6
Str 10 (0) Con 18 (+4) Dex 11 (0) Int 16 (+3) Wis 10 (0) Cha 14 (+2)
Warforged Resolve
Encounter ✦ Healing
Minor Action Personal
Effect: You gain a number of temporary hit points equal to 3 + one-half your level. You may make an immediate saving throw against one effect that inflicts ongoing damage and can be ended with a save. In addition, if you are bloodied you regain hit points equal to 3 + one half your level.
Warforged Resolve,
Warlock's Curse
At-Will
Minor Action
Effect: You can place a Warlock's Curse on the closest enemy that you can see. An enemy under a Warlock's Curse takes an additional 1d6 damage from your attacks. This bonus increases to 2d6 at level 11 and 3d6 at level 21. You can choose whether or not to apply the extra damage when you make the attack. You can only activate the extra damage once per turn.
Warlock's Curse,
Eldritch Blast
At-Will ✦ Arcane, Implement
Standard Action Ranged 10
Target: One creature
Attack: Constitution vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d10 + Constitution modifier damage.
Increase damage to 2d10 + Constitution modifier at 21st level.
Special: At 1st level. you determine whether you use Charisma or Constitution to attack with this power. Once you make that choice, you can’t change it later.
This power counts as a ranged basic attack. When a power allows you to make a ranged basic attack, you can use this power.
Eldritch Blast,
Hellish Rebuke
At-Will ✦ Arcane, Fire, Implement
Hit: 1d6 + Constitution modifier fire damage. If you take damage before the end of your next turn, the target takes an extra 1d6 + Constitution modifier fire damage.
Increase damage and extra damage to 2d6 + Constitution modifier at 21st level.
Hellish Rebuke,
Diabolic Grasp
Encounter ✦ Arcane, Implement
Target: One creature of size Large or smaller
Attack: Constitution vs. Fortitude
Hit: 2d8 + Constitution modifier damage, and you slide the target 2 squares.
Infernal Pact: You slide the target a number of squares equal to 1 + your Intelligence modifier.
Diabolic Grasp,
Ethereal Stride
Encounter ✦ Arcane, Teleportation
Move Action Personal
Effect: You can teleport 3 squares, and you gain a +2 power bonus to all defenses until the end of your next turn.
Ethereal Stride,
Flames of Phlegethos
At-Will ✦ Arcane, Fire, Implement
Hit: 1d6 + Constitution modifier fire damage. If you take damage before the end of your next turn, the target takes an extra 1d6 + Constitution modifier fire damage.
Increase damage and extra damage to 2d6 + Constitution modifier at 21st level.
Flames of Phlegethos
Notes

Eduardo can easily be the party's face. His charisma is nigh maxed out, and I took training in all the 'face' skills. Plus I'll pick up bard of all trades later on, so he'll have pretty much all skills covered. Basically, all his Cha-based skills are at +10.

Glad Intimidate was covered...and it looks like by a few people! Gruunk is a Perception (+9), Athletics (+10), and Endurance (+9). No social skills though, which is probably appropriate for this character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeus View Post
DannoE: do a google for "throne room map"; I think there were 3-4 usable ones in there. Depends if it's a monsterous throne room or a civilized throne room.
That was a great idea. Which one do you like better?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Throne_Room_1.jpg (72.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Room_2.jpg (188.2 KB, 0 views)

The one on the right with the pentagram I thought offered some interesting tactical challenges.

Hmm, question: I realize the ad said no magic armor. I hadn't planned on wearing "cloth". Any chance I could get a stoneskin jock strap +1? The stoneskin power gives 5 temp hp each encounter.

Quote:
Hmm, question: I realize the ad said no magic armor. I hadn't planned on wearing "cloth". Any chance I could get a stoneskin jock strap +1? The stoneskin power gives 5 temp hp each encounter.
Nope. You have to wear what they tell you to wear.

Quote:
The one on the right with the pentagram I thought offered some interesting tactical challenges.
The other one does, too. There are about ten things behind which you can get cover and concealment.