OOC: In the Beginning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoE View Post
That was a great idea. Which one do you like better?
The one on the left looks nicer, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoE View Post
I thought there was a feat for that. Isn't there a feat for that?

If there's no feat, then my default answer is that if you've succeeded with a Stealth, Bluff, or whatever kind of check, then you can place shrouds without your target noticing.
There is a feat for it, but there are also many people that have the school of thought similar to what you were going with. I Just need to know how you are ruling it so I know which two feats I'm taking.

If the thing in the center of the left map is not stone tentacles that will suddenly spring to life and attack us, I'm also voting for it. It just feels more... royal. Open, majestic and free of nasty pentagrams.

The icon on the ground of the left map reminds me of the royal icon from Tangled (Disney's Rapunzel): http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...va-d36dw1i.jpg

I know, I know! We're going to steal her crown!

Ok, here's my statblock for Nurse. Still undecided on what my item will be, or what weapons I'll be using. From a min/max standpoint a greatsword/full blade would be the best choice, but I don't see slavers letting me lug around a two-handed sword. Probably end up going with a drow long knife just for flavor reasons, even though it won't be doing nearly as much damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHumanDynamo View Post
There is a feat for it, but there are also many people that have the school of thought similar to what you were going with. I Just need to know how you are ruling it so I know which two feats I'm taking.
Alright, here's the ruling: If you've succeeded with a Stealth check, Bluff check, or some other kind of relative check to either hide yourself or your intentions, then you can put the shroud on without the person noticing without the feat. I'll ask that you review the rules for Stealth as well, since you have to have Superior Concealment to make a Stealth check unless you have a power that allows you to make one without that level of hidden-ness.

Perfect, that's exactly what I needed to know. If it's alright with you, I'm not going to type up a full background for Nurse since you already know the concept, and I want to keep him a mystery to the rest of the party for the time being...should he/they all survive long enough they'll find out more about him.

I was wondering: Shouldn't you write in the ad that the selection's finished? If it is, I mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHumanDynamo View Post
Ok, here's my statblock for Nurse. Still undecided on what my item will be, or what weapons I'll be using. From a min/max standpoint a greatsword/full blade would be the best choice, but I don't see slavers letting me lug around a two-handed sword. Probably end up going with a drow long knife just for flavor reasons, even though it won't be doing nearly as much damage.
Unless we are doing more than the standard 22-pt buy, you have too many ability points allocated there (that's a 26-pt buy). The idea is that the drow are going to equip us before we head out, so use whatever weapon you want. Gruunk is going to use a greataxe and they'll need to equip us before sending us on a suicide mission. Otherwise, they are just wasting slaves.

I'd agree with the bigger [W] weapons too. Unless you wanted to go rapier to take advantage of light blade expertise and nimble blade. Assassin is such a strange class...I admittedly don't entirely get it.

Also, wanted to ask about the itemless rules. I don't have the DMG 2, but they reprinted most of the rules (I think) in the Dark Sun book. The levels where they increase weren't exactly as I had it. I thought it was:
  • Weapons: level 2 and every 5 levels thereafter (7, 12, 17, 22, 27)
  • Armor: level 4 and every 5 leverls thereafter (9, 14, 19, 24, 29)

Need to double check those levels...

The rules I have in DS says that criticals get a +1d6 per "plus" of the item. Also, the way I understood it at any rate, if you have a magic item, you take the better of the two values. So if you have a +5 sword at level 4, you would get +5 enhancement bonus instead of the +1 you would normally get at that level. Items themselves don't level up. So if you have a +2 elven cloak (which grants an item bonus to Stealth) and you turn level 14, unless you get a +3 cloak, you get +3 to your Ref/Fort/Will, but only a +2 item to Stealth.

I'm happy to be wrong about any of that, but wanted to throw it out there for discussion and clarification.