Notices

Introductions.

Introductions.

Hello all, I want to take a second to get to know you all as players before we start.
About myself, I am 26 years old, I also go to Full Sail University online for the Game Design program. I have run a long standing Exalted game that when I can get my RL group together. When I start a campaign I tend drop you all right into the middle of things. Which means I will take a couple of pre-story liberties but once we start I am all about sandbox style, I will throw stimuli at you all to try and get you to go in the general direction I want you to go for whatever story I have. I have a player in my real life group that teaches me I better damn well be expecting the unexpected, so I will do the same for all of you. I am hoping for at least a once a day for posting, on days we get really into it and get a couple in great, on days that real life get in the way and we wait a day, also fine and expected.
Now, tell me a bit about yourself (something about you in RL and something about roleplaying experience and if you have played exalted before), make any character alterations we need to get ready. I want to know who I am playing with, what you would like to see from me as a gm (what you enjoy or don't enjoy in a rpg). Let me know you are all still down for playing here so I don't have to invite someone else.
Also feel free to ask me anything! Now that I got my characters I will begin to create a story around them and within this week the first scene will be up.

Hey! I'm 16, 17 in two months. Finished Year 12 not two weeks ago, so I'm relishing the freedom. Reality'll hit home in a few weeks. My interests are psychology, demolitions, computers and generally what makes things tick. My goal at the moment is to get into the Australian Army as a Combat Engineer. I have played Exalted before; only on PBP, but that's somewhat appropriate experience, no? I GM Shadowrun 3e and play Pathfinder, MnM 3e and a bit of free-form when the mood hits. I can post at least once a day, but I prefer to wait for the slower posters to get their 2 cents in. I would, in this game, like to be challenged; but don't forget that we're the chosen of the gods, so they're are going to be times when we will kick ass and take names. I also enjoy a bit of intellectual puzzling, especially when there's an equally viable physical option that doesn't necessarily present itself, i.e. percussive maintenance. Oh, and I have a tendency to do really long posts at times. I'll try to keep it under control.

Hello, My name is Larsduim (Duh) and I'm 18 (19 in Januari) and have absolutely no experience in Exalted.
I have some PBP XP on this forum here and on other forums but that is mostly in D&D and freeform games. I can Play most alignments but have a tendency towards the Ventral position of the alignment axis.
coming to hobby's I am interested in biology, psychology and criminology. for games I like D&D 3.5, Warhammer (both fantasy and 40k) and TBS games.

Have you decided on the party? I didn't receive any invite so I don't know if I am even allowed to post here.

I'm Jimmy, as you might have guessed, 25 years young, live in the Midwest of the USA. I have chunks of downtime at my job and PbP fits the bill perfectly. I've played maybe a half dozen sessions of 1e Exalted back in the day, but not much since; I've started a few PbP campaigns but they went no where, fingers crossed that this is the exception. Posting weekdays is a non-issue, able to post through out the day. Weekends I often will disappear without warning, it's just how I roll, but fear not, because I'll be back bright and early Monday morning!

Gamewise it will probably take me a while to get a masters hold of the ins and outs of combat and the system; its a new edition, been almost a decade since I last played seriously. But I tend to be a quick study so I hope to not hold things up. I'm looking for a sandbox environment where there are multiple solutions to a given problem or multiple arcs of the same storyline that we can choose from. Other than that, tell your story!

I'm Ryan, I go by The 7th Majestic as a long-running personal joke since 2000. I'm 31 and I work as an attorney with my own shingle. I played 1e Exalted a couple times in college and law school and enjoyed the somewhat lighter feel than the old World of Darkness. When 2nd ed rolled around, I wanted to see the changes and I was impressed enough to see how it worked.
And I have yet to have a game that lasted more than a few sessions with no combat. :P
Posting frequency: I can post daily, but given my job, I can have those days when I just don't want to think about one more thing after a whole day of court or dealing with other clients and I just need the downtime. I will, however, make every effort to post at least once a day.
What I want out of the game: I want to participate in a story where my character can grow along with it. I tend to be a thinker, a puzzle-solver and a crafter as a player. I want to become the Q of the group, making their equipment and providing the latest toys. Once I finally get that forge-Manse . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 7th Majestic View Post
I'm Ryan, I go by The 7th Majestic as a long-running personal joke since 2000. I'm 31 and I work as an attorney with my own shingle. I played 1e Exalted a couple times in college and law school and enjoyed the somewhat lighter feel than the old World of Darkness. When 2nd ed rolled around, I wanted to see the changes and I was impressed enough to see how it worked.
And I have yet to have a game that lasted more than a few sessions with no combat. :P
Posting frequency: I can post daily, but given my job, I can have those days when I just don't want to think about one more thing after a whole day of court or dealing with other clients and I just need the downtime. I will, however, make every effort to post at least once a day.
What I want out of the game: I want to participate in a story where my character can grow along with it. I tend to be a thinker, a puzzle-solver and a crafter as a player. I want to become the Q of the group, making their equipment and providing the latest toys. Once I finally get that forge-Manse . . .
"I've made you all magical rings, pick whichever ring you like... except that One. That One ring is mine..."

Tis a pleasure to have you all on board. I try to do a mix of sandbox style, puzzles, an occasional showdown. There is many ways to handle each situation some better ways and some worse ways of course. But the ends justifies the means. I try to not streamline players much past dropping them into the initial situation and will often ask where you guys wanna go next and offer a few suggestions if you all seem stumped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
"I've made you all magical rings, pick whichever ring you like... except that One. That One ring is mine..."
Three for the Lunar Exalts, seven for the Sidereals, nine for the Dragon-Blooded ...

But rings are so last Age, the modern thing is tunics!

Haha, LotR references are always welcome. I am coming up with a opening, already have a pretty decent starting plan. I am finishing up this quarter (ends sunday) though I have a pretty good plan, got a villain made up and just working out sometime details and making sure when I write it up it sounds good. After that the game will get rolling. Everyone can do final touches on their characters, add the free combo, either two 2 charm combos or one 3 charm combo.