Notices

"In the north evil lives, and one of evil sings...and I hear the sound of wings."

Old Dec 30 '11, 7:07am
Moriquendi

"In the north evil lives, and one of evil sings...and I hear the sound of wings."

And the Sky Was Painted With Fire - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e - Dragonlance
Ad Closes: Feb 10 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 10

Its the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is whay we dont do it.

-Tanis Half-Elven, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

I'm a long-time Dragonlance fan and happened to notice a criminal lack of DL games on the site. After no small amount of discussion on the Game Planning forum, I now propose this game to you all, gentle players.

This is going to be a War of the Lance Era Dragonlance campaign focused around two parties: a group of defectors from the Dragonarmies (Or at least would-be defectors) and a Group of Solamnic Knights tasked with infiltrating the Dragonarmies' stronghold of Sanction.

The Defector party will consist of 6 players and the Solamnics of 4. The defectors' story will begin with the would-be defection and the infiltrators' story will be them attempting to smuggle themselves into the City of Doom itself. From there it will sandbox a bit, as the players will have to decide what they want to do, where to go and who to trust. The parties may work against each other or work together, depending on how the players handle it. Either way, the Dragonarmies themselves will be nipping at your heels.

This is a setting that requires a bit of research. The Campaign Setting and War of the Lance books will cover all of the essentials in terms of the setting, deities, plot, etc. (and the motivations, history and objectives of the Green Dragonarmies), though Towers of High Sorcery is essential reading for any spellcasters.

The races are detailed in the Campaign Setting and get significantly more detailed descriptions in the Races of Ansalon supplement, which I highly recommend flipping through. Wikipedia and the DLnexus are good sources for a quick read up though and I put up a pretty quick and dirty Beginner's guide to Krynn up on the forum before I got the Ad up. However, if something is unclear or you have a specific question, always feel free to pester me. As I said, I'm a long-standing Dragonlance nerd, so it's pretty rare that there'll be something I won't be able to answer in short order.

If the Ads running time seems a bit long, there's a reason for it. While I don't think it'll impede me too much, I'm currently re-applying for my VISA to stay here in the U.K. and I've got until the beginning of February to get is squared away, thus I wanted to leave myself a bit of time to get that squared away before the game proper gets rolling.

Also, up in the forums are a couple of Prelude threads. They're to help me get an idea of the role players I'll be dealing with and the kinds of personalities your characters have. Anyone who has an app up may RP in them, but keep to the one specific to your particular app.

Game Description:

The year is 350 of the Ansalon Calendar and darkness reigns. The armies of the Dark Queen have taken Nordmaar and Balifor, driven the Elves from Silvanost and started skirmishes along the borders of Solamnia and Icereach. The Draconians, foul spawn of dark magics and the eggs of dragons, have helped bolster the success of the ground troops. The forces of light are scattered and weak, having lost much of their power with the disappearance of the Gods and the fallout of the Cataclysm.

But, all is not lost.

The Solamnic Knights, once proud defenders of good, have risen once again to face the forces of evil along their borders. However, in secret the Knights stationed in Solanthus have sent a unit of four specially selected knights on a stealth mission to investigate the emergence of the Draconians.

Meanwhile, in Sanction, the center of the Dragonarmies' power, Mages of the Black Robes have joined their hands in a most unusual experiment and have created Draconians from a batch of Chromatic Dragon eggs. These so-called Noble Draconians have exhibited greater power than their metallic brethren, but they seem less eager to fight for the Dark Queen. One such Draconian, a Noble Draconian given the name of Irian, has been looking for those who disagree with the Dragonarmies' methods within the Green Dragonarmy of the Dragon Highlord Salah-Khan, hoping to find allies with which to flee...

I also have some general questions about applications: Any objections to dice rolling here so I can figure out which character concept fits best before starting a new thread? Also, any objection to multiple submissions, say one for each group?

You know I'm still interested! When I have access to my books tonight and over the weekend, I'll post a character ... probably a Defector.

Never done anything in Dragonlance before but this has me interested enough to read up on the setting. Gnomes making crazy things might be up my alley. Just need to get my hands on the campaign book, any suggested places to pick up a pdf copy or do they not sell them in that format?

@Corellon: Rolls aren't allowed in advert threads unfortunately.

I am browsing the books and the game forum for character concept ideas.
Since it was mentioned alignment matters a lot for characters in the dragonlance world I want to ask one question before I go ahead with
A minotaur ex-knight of neraka that recently joined the legion of steel.
the character concept I currently have in mind: Is it possible for a minotaur to become non-lawful?

@Ostrich; Fraid not. It's Sovereign Press produced, used to be up on DTRPG (IIRC) but got pulled when WotC revoked their licence.

In, count, me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvax View Post
I am browsing the books and the game forum for character concept ideas.
Since it was mentioned alignment matters a lot for characters in the dragonlance world I want to ask one question before I go ahead with
A minotaur ex-knight of neraka that recently joined the legion of steel.
the character concept I currently have in mind: Is it possible for a minotaur to become non-lawful?
Non-humans are not allowed at all to be members of the Knights of Neraka..rephrase:
(Dark) evil Elves, fatherless Dwarves, are allowed,
Kender and Gully are not, nor are Draconians, my bad.