The Warming Hearth - Out of Character chatter

   
I do believe Tobacco is listed in one of the Arms and Equipment books, however I've never seen a lighter equivalent. Best to just go with the price for tindertwigs and fluff it into a match?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurinitus View Post
I do believe Tobacco is listed in one of the Arms and Equipment books, however I've never seen a lighter equivalent. Best to just go with the price for tindertwigs and fluff it into a match?
I thought I had checked all of them without any luck, huh. And I suppose tindertwigs could work, I just cringe at the thought price wise. One isn't bad if you only use a couple a day, but if you use 15-20 of the darn things? >.< I was hoping there was some sort of flint and steel contraption somewhere that pretty much would work as a lighter. But if worse comes to worse I'll have to go with the tindertwigs.

If you used a pipe, flint and steel could conceivably light the tobacco stuffed into it...

I would say like 10 gp for a nice pipe (if you want to use a pipe). And tobacco is 5 silver pieces per pound. Pretty inexpensive for an adventurer, but expensive enough for a commoner that if they were addicted they could break the bank with it.

It shall be most amusing to see the fun that will ensue if you lost your flint and steel while desperately needing a smoke XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerK View Post
If you used a pipe, flint and steel could conceivably light the tobacco stuffed into it...

I would say like 10 gp for a nice pipe (if you want to use a pipe). And tobacco is 5 silver pieces per pound. Pretty inexpensive for an adventurer, but expensive enough for a commoner that if they were addicted they could break the bank with it.
I didn't quite have a pipe in mind, but the more I think about it the more practical it does seem. Yhea, even if I keep associating the things with old sailors and/or Gandalf I think I'll go with it since I can see both OOC and IC reasons for it. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikitaDarkstar View Post
I didn't quite have a pipe in mind, but the more I think about it the more practical it does seem. Yhea, even if I keep associating the things with old sailors and/or Gandalf I think I'll go with it since I can see both OOC and IC reasons for it. Thanks.
You know, Fire Heritage feat from the Planar Handbook allows your unarmed strikes and natural attacks to deal and additional point of fire damage (and gives you +1 initiative but that's beside the point). I'm sure you could use that to light your pipe with your finger, which would A) be awesome and B) save you money on tindertwigs. I'm not sure what weapons you are going to use but Corryn seems like a quick knife or longsword man to me. Maybe Killer will let you use the feat to heat up your blade in combat. Even if not, the bonus to initiative fits with Streetfighter and being able to light campfire, torches and melt ice with a touch would really be an invaluable skill in an Arctic environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransmutionOrchest View Post
You know, Fire Heritage feat from the Planar Handbook allows your unarmed strikes and natural attacks to deal and additional point of fire damage (and gives you +1 initiative but that's beside the point). I'm sure you could use that to light your pipe with your finger, which would A) be awesome and B) save you money on tindertwigs. I'm not sure what weapons you are going to use but Corryn seems like a quick knife or longsword man to me. Maybe Killer will let you use the feat to heat up your blade in combat. Even if not, the bonus to initiative fits with Streetfighter and being able to light campfire, torches and melt ice with a touch would really be an invaluable skill in an Arctic environment.
Actually I'm going for short swords, possibly blue ice ones. And while I won't deny that fire heritage is awesome, I just can't figure out how to fluff wise justify it for someone who's native to such a cold region and has cold resistance, and crunch wise I don't quite want to spend a feat on it since I'll mainly be taking rogue levels again when Streetfighter is done, meaning I have a quite limited amount of feats. (Rogues don't get bonus feats, one of the downsides with them XD) But If I was planning on getting more heavily into the fighter class, or taking a class that actually uses unarmed and natural strikes on a regular basis I'd certainly consider it, but as it is Feats are worth more than GP. (Even if GP is awesome and not something I like wasting if I don't have to XD)

Definitely seeing a lot of divine casters out there. I am rounding out 3 Spirit Shaman levels with 2 Barbarian levels, so I can be a tank as well as a healer in terms of practical balance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Definitely seeing a lot of divine casters out there. I am rounding out 3 Spirit Shaman levels with 2 Barbarian levels, so I can be a tank as well as a healer in terms of practical balance.
What we desperately need is skill monkeys. Sure, rangers seem to be a fan favorite but right now, most of us are socially inept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransmutionOrchest View Post
What we desperately need is skill monkeys. Sure, rangers seem to be a fan favorite but right now, most of us are socially inept.
Well Corynn might not know much about diplomacy, but he's pretty good at intimidation and bluffing. Err... depending on your definition I guess that does count as "socially inept". But yhea, seems to be plenty of rangers and divine casters floating around. What's up with that? XD




 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Blog   Myth-Weavers Status