Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

ODnD+clones: Players of Older D&D and Clones

Players of Older D&D and Clones

We currently have 89 Old School Players on the list!

I have occasionally looked at the players of Freeform thread and thought it would be cool for old school D&D players to have a similar gathering place.

My experience has been that old school games can often have difficulty finding players. There just aren't that many of us. So an ad can go a couple weeks without any interest and then have 10 apps in two days.

My hope is that players interested in these systems will post their name, whether or not they would be interested in being contacted by potential DMs that may be struggling to fill games and what systems they prefer. There may be a few of you old schoolers out there that have mixed feelings about me, I would still encourage you to post your interest here for the betterment of the Old School Renaissance. I will ad members to a list in this post as you come in.

Systems I consider Old School:

Original Dungeons & Dragons: The three little brown books, with or without supplements and clones; Sword and Wizardry comes to mind.

Classic Dungeons & Dragons: Holmes Basic D&D, Moldvay\Cook Basic\Expert D&D, Mentzer BECMI D&D, The D&D Rules Cyclopedia, and clones (Labyrinth Lord, Basic Fantasy, Dark Dungeons there are more.)

Gygax AD&D (1st Edition, 1E) and clones (OSRIC, LL - AEC, Adventures Dark and Deep, others?)

AD&D Second Edition and clones (For Gold and Glory, others?)

Old School Renaissance Players:

Black Wyvern (Swords and Wizardry,Classic D&D any and clones, AD&D 1st Ed. and clones) PMs Okay.
GuyAppolo AD&D preferred, but up for anything. PMs Okay.
Sam Crow (Classic D&D any, 1st and 2nd AD&D) PMs Okay.
CriticalFumbles (Hackmaster and other old school games) PMs Okay
Cthulhu PMs Okay
Wynteriii Retro-Clones, Basic Fantasy! PMs Okay
Melverne AD&D 1st and 2nd and Classic! PMs Okay for 2E
Camulus Swords and Wizardry, Labyrinth Lord and OSRIC
Magius OD&D PMs Okay
Anthracosaur AD&D both editions preferred but up for Classic as well. PMs Okay
BTRbottom B/X, BECMI, LL, and Basic Fantasy PMs Okay
SCARY WIZARD Any Retro-Clone PMs Okay or any other method just contact him! Couldn't resist SCARY!
Shorikid Any!
Krimson Classic and clones
Excior Classic, AD&D (Both) and most clones PMs Okay
Librarium Hackmaster, 4th and Basic, RC D&D, AD&D(both editions), Labyrinth Lord or similar clones
Metroknight Old School D&D especially Basic Fantasy PMs Okay
Trae S AD&D PMs Okay
Atlictoatl Swords & Wizardry
Fisher2047 Any Old School Games PMs Okay
jcrhodes Any PMs Okay
Mordae OD&D, 1e and 2e AD&D PM at your own risk
Powderhorn 1st or 2nd Ed. AD&D Looking for 2E NOW! PMs Okay
impfireball Interested in learning.
piceanpaul AD&D
Tefarek AD&D PMs Okay
Alwayscivilmike AD&D 2E PMs Okay
ComicsFan
Robocoastie D&D Rules Cyclopedia.
undying_dreadlord AD&D 1st and 2nd, PMs Okay
Chaos James AD&D PMs Okay
prophetic_joe AD&D, Classic D&D PMs Okay
TwilightKing AD&D 1st and 2nd, PMs Okay
Murp AD&D 1st and 2nd and OSRIC PMs Okay
mercutio361 OD&D or AD&D 2e
Nerian AD&D 2e PMs Okay
GreyJaeger BD&D, AD&D 1st and 2nd Editions PMs Okay
Dramacydle Any
Renshaw B/X and BECMI (and clones of both), Small But Vicious Dog.
pyresight 1e, OSRIC, 2e PMs Okay for 2e
organizedChaos Old School Bug the crap out of him!
series0 1e, 2e
Asar 1e or 2e PMs Okay
Random 1e or Classic, limited interest in clones PMs Okay
Jak_EcoFreak 2e and OD&D experience. PMs Okay
Scarecrow71 AD&D 1e and 2e or OD&D. PMs Okay
AlphaDork AD&D 1e and Classic and clones PMs Okay
Namloh AD&D 1st or 2nd PMs Okay
Gold AD&D 2e, AD&D 1st edition, D&D basic, OD&D clones PM's Okay
noobiegameplayer Any early edition PM's Okay
Doomlord_Athakas Any AD&D
NJWilliam Any!
HalflingCartografr AD&D
Vyse Classic D&D, AD&D 2nd Edition and the like - PM's are fine
Sentinel 1st and 2nd ed. AD&D PMs ok
ShamedShadow 2nd Edition AD&D PMs Okay
bzipser 2e PMs Okay
Vindigator OD&D, Holmes, 1E
TheStranger OD&D + Clones, AD&D + Clones, and others PMs okay
The Bane OD&D + Clones PMs okay
Yrel 0E/Swords & Wizardry; Holmes Basic, 1E AD&D and clones-OSRIC, etc., & 2E PMs okay
Raistlinmc All editions
OREO 1st and 2nd Edition AD&D PMs okay
Trupsebteri New but willing to learn familiar with 2e PMs okay
brickAbrack (old school) PMs Okay
The WhiteFire Classic and AD&D 2e PMs Okay
Webley 2e PMs Okay
Ballingray AD&D either edition PMs Okay
fiddletwix Swords and Wizardry ,Classic D&D and clones, AD&D 1st Ed. and 2nd edition. PMs are fine
Blackrazor OSR PMs Okay
Andromedanaea AD&D, 1st ed Oriental Adventures, Mazes and Minotaurs, Spelljammer PM's Ok
Seth0194 AD&D and basic PMs Okay
targentha Classic D&D, OSRIC, Basic Fantasy, LL Advanced Edition Companion, 1st and 2nd AD&D PMs Okay
Rex_Beal Any PMs Okay
Tegster D&D, AD&D 1&2e PMs Okay
Zadok7 Any PMs Okay
Forgiven Heretic Any PMs Okay
jarlain basic/expert/ 1st/ 2nd ed PMs Okay
rredmond AD&D 1E / OSRIC
Karlox AD&D 1st and 2nd (SpellJammer)
NPC_Villian Classic D&D
SD Houston Pre 3.0 and Clones
connivingsumo LL-AEC/D&D-AD&D of others
Hiraevun D&D, 1E AD&D, and 2E AD&D
BTRbottom AS&SoH
Southernskies 1E AD&D, and 2E AD&D
Marakesh AD&D 2e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Wyvern View Post
I have occupationally looked at the players of Freeform thread and thought it would be cool for old school D&D players to have a similar gathering place.

At the time I am writing this there are four AD&D\OD&D game ads up and they are having minimal success. I know there are quite a few gamers out there that are willing to play old school D&D (Meaning 2e or earlier editions or their clones). Even some of us that prefer it.

I am hoping maybe those players would post their interest. Whether they would be interested in being contacted by potential DMs and what systems they prefer.

Systems I consider Old School:

Original Dungeons & Dragons: The three little brown books, with or without supplements and clones; Sword and Wizardry comes to mind.

Classic Dungeons & Dragons: Holmes Basic D&D, Moldvay\Cook Basic\Expert D&D, Mentzer BECMI D&D, The D&D Rules Cyclopedia, and clones (Labyrinth Lord, Basic Fantasy, Dark Dungeons there are more.)

Gygax AD&D (1st Edition, 1E) and clones (OSRIC, LL - AEC, Adventures Dark and Deep, others?)

AD&D Second Edition and clones (For Gold and Glory, others?)
I'll go look, I'd love to throw down with some old school THAC0 lol All anybody wants to play it 3.5 or 4.0
I'm actually batting around the idea of dusting off this Temple of Elemental Evil module and trying to find some brave adventures! I'll have to look but I think i have Gold and Glory, and Dragon around here some were. None the less, I'd love to at least play an AD&D game.

Long story short I'm down!
(and yes I am 24, but my dad is awesome and gave me this stuff when I was younger)

GA and Sam Thanks for the replies. Not sure about systems or contact status?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Wyvern View Post
GA and Sam Thanks for the replies. Not sure about systems or contact status?
Duh, sorry. Contact is fine (PM)...preferred systems are Basi (all are okay, but I have the Mentzer sets), 2nd Edition, 1st Edition.

I'll just direct anybody interested in old style D&D to Dragonsfoot.

http://www.dragonsfoot.org/

Its an old, well established community and resource site that is all about classic D&D and clones like Castles and Crusaders.

Count me in as an old school player/DM. I'd also suggest adding HackMaster to the list of Old School games. It is (essentially) an expanded version of AD&D.

Cthulhu I am familiar with Dragonsfoot but this is about getting players on Myth-Weavers who are interested in playing old school games together. The tools and quality of play available on the Weave are vastly superior than those on DF, or any other OSR site that I have found. I am a member of many OSR sites and participate in rule discussions on all of them but I role play here because it is the best place to PbP!

Thanks Crit I will add you!

You can add me by the way, Wyvern!

PMs OK.