Notices

GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

Mordae's GM Rescue Society

Alright, I'm here to add to the list of supplicants. First off, this is the game ad, and this is the game forum.

It's barely gotten off the ground, and we (the characters) are at our first major crossroads/split in interests. We all adore our characters, and would like to see the game continue on. Since it's only fledgling, the game could easily be transformed into whatever a DM wished, though the original intent mostly Urban.

Since the DM himself (Bombadil) has admitted biting off more than he can chew (one too many games), I'm sure he'd be willing to pass on whatever info he thought relevant, or that was asked for.

The game started us off with apprentice level rules, and we haven't even made it to 1st level yet. There's a few of us that multiclassed, so we're even a little further behind. We're all orphans, just recently kicked out of the orphange since we're all 15 (or approximately, going by race), and considered 'adults'. We don't really have any viable skills yet, the character development has crazy potential depending.

Contact Bombadil or myself, or just drop in the OOC forum for any questions/comments.

Sadly I need to add this game to the list of orphans as well. You'll never find a more dedicated group of players. Anywhere. Ever. We have 40+ pages of OOC chatter already, just going through two DM's trying to get the game itself started (this has nothing to do with our group, just unfortunate circumstance for our original DM and my good colleague-in-blue whose circumstance preclude him adopting us as he thought he could).

We'll adapt to any house rules or rules-set you want us to (we've gone through at least two rebuilds already), but you must understand we're all currently spec'ed as mid-level gestalt monster-race characters, and we would ideally prefer a gestalt-friendly GM willing to deal with a high-power game in order to get our character concepts into a game (some of us are particularly passionate about the ideas we've had for this game). We do understand that this is a large request, but we will work with you if you will work with us.

If you would be interested in taking over, please drop by the Character Discussion thread and say hello. You can also contact myself, snakeman830, or Stam for further information.

As an addendum to the above request, the original game concept is a monster-style Rebellion-era Star Wars or V-for-Vendetta style game in a world where anything that isn't a human, elf, dwarf (etc) is a second-class citizen at best, but more likely an enslaved race - if not worse off. So...that's why we're all monster-race types. Currently we have a Tibbit, a Maug, and a Petal, among others, so racial hit die and LA factor are not all equal.

But as noted, we've rebuilt our characters from the ground up twice already and are willing to do so again if that's what it'll take to get our beloved PCs into play. Original characters were chosen in June 2011...no, you did not read that wrong. We've been together for over six months and are still champing at the bit wanting this to fly.

I'd love to take a look SageBahumat/Stam, but that is a private game and I can't see it. can you get it unflagged so I can view?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gygaxphobia View Post
I'd love to take a look SageBahumat/Stam, but that is a private game and I can't see it. can you get it unflagged so I can view?
Done.

Thanks Plugsy.
The combination of rules and power level are a bit heavy for me with the time I have available unfortunately.
I would love to write an adventure but would need a co-GM to stat it out and run combat. If you can find someone to do that I would love to contribute.

Anyone willing to co-DM with Gygaxphobia?

I'm part of that game, and I wanted to mention that I refluffed some stuff. For instance, my character is an anthro-raccoon child, fluffwise, but crunchwise he's a Dragonwrought Kobold (no shenanigans beyond boosting his mental stats -- mechanically it's aging, but fluffwise it's due to his backstory and some things that happened therein).

So the ability for us (read: me) to refluff is important!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageBahamut View Post
Sadly I need to add this game to the list of orphans as well. You'll never find a more dedicated group of players. Anywhere. Ever.

If you would be interested in taking over, please drop by the Character Discussion thread and say hello. You can also contact myself, snakeman830, or Stam for further information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gygaxphobia View Post
I would love to write an adventure but would need a co-GM to stat it out and run combat. If you can find someone to do that I would love to contribute.
Just posting here again to note that while we have a GM willing to run the world, setting and theme, we need a co-GM to work the crunch.

Do you have spare time and rules-savvy to handle a group of players who have held together, and held onto their character concepts, since June 2011? If so, we would love to hear from you.

i can look into co-dming the crunchy bits, I'll know for sure by Wednesday. My free time is mostly centered around Sundays though.