General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Movies of 2012

avengers and The phantom menace in 3d oh yeah...
Sorry, geeky nerd moment (they seem to be increasing, should i be alarmed?)

wait, The Hobbit is coming out this year? Post a link! Loved the book, i could actually read it compared to LoTr, where i nearly fell asleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magius View Post
wait, The Hobbit is coming out this year? Post a link! Loved the book, i could actually read it compared to LoTr, where i nearly fell asleep.
Scroll a bit down, but it's set to be released on December 14th, 2012. IMDB

Hello !
The Avengers & The Dark Knight Rises are definitely on my list ! Ice Age cause it's fun, have to mention Twilight to watch the end of the series... Those are supposed to be blockbusters, haven't watched a whole lot of trailers lately so I don't have any noteworthy movie in mind at the moment.

I'd also like to throw more money at Lucas and see Episode 1 in 3D. My issue is that movies not originally filmed on 3D cameras don't come close to true 3D.
I'm looking forward to seeing John Carter. Maybe I'm the only one?

And if The Hobbit is released on time, that will be a Christmas treat.

Definitely going to see The Hobbit, Brave, DKR, and The Avengers.

I'll pass on Episode 1 in 3D. I'll fire up the 2D version on DVD and likely have a better movie experience on my couch.

John Carter? I'll wait for the DVD. LOVED the books as a kid, but I just can't seem to get excited about this on the big screen. Too many good books have been ruined by Hollywood edits.

Episode 1 is cringe-worthy enough in 2D without shelling out money to see some half-assed 3D effects layered on top of it, in my opinion lol

If I go see Phantom Menace, it will be for my young kids who never had the pleasure of seeing it on a big screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeus View Post
If I go see Phantom Menace, it will be for my young kids who never had the pleasure of seeing it on a big screen.
This would imply there was ever pleasure in watching the Phantom Menace, a serious faux-pas.

Please don't traumatize your children. Please don't feed the George Lucas machine. Just don't go see it. Get a VHS copy of the original Star Wars movies and watch those instead