Ooc

Wow! Some of my favorite universes and in favorite game mechanics, D20 Modern/Future/etc.

I guess the first questions are:
1st: Are you still taking applications? If not, that's ok. (Can I lurk?)

2nd: Is the game high or low detail; High or low fantasy? (I prefer high detail and high fantasy, but am not particular.)

3rd: We use only 'the core rule book; D20 Modern' for our starting race/classes.
So, only humans, right?
And, will we be allowed to choose classes from other books as we level? (I assume we'll be leveling as we go.) (Books like D20 Future, D20 Apocalypse, and D20 Farscape. I have these and others if you need excerpts or passages from them.)

I'll save the rest. No need to ask them if you're full.

1) Yes, but as things are now, don't expect to play right away. I'm trying to get things organized and my present distractions aren't helping. I have the weekend off, so we should be good.

2) Moderate Detail and High Fantasy, I'm not expecting the universe out of the players but have no problem reading a novel-length post either; further, you'll be traveling through time and space in an enromous bug... I think that would make Baron Munchausen jealous...

3) That is exactly correct. As you level, the story progresses, and I open up new books for availability, more resource materials will be available to the players. If things go strange enough, I may open certain books for certain players...

Question for the other players. I haven't seen anyone mentioning piloting skills. And the only reference to doctor was some one who is 'planning to go to medical school in a couple of years' so I don't know if there is a doctor in the group. Are there any other skills/occupations that the group could use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suusan View Post
Question for the other players. I haven't seen anyone mentioning piloting skills. And the only reference to doctor was some one who is 'planning to go to medical school in a couple of years' so I don't know if there is a doctor in the group. Are there any other skills/occupations that the group could use?
We actually have no idea what the group can use. We are all, with one exception, normal people. We have no doctor, we have no lawyer we have no Indian chief. All of us have applications in these threads that you can take a look at. The fact that you do not, leads me to believe you were chosen not for what you presented, but what you have the potential to present. Feel free to play what you want to play. How about an albino lesbian stripper? We don't have one of those.

Welcome Suusan!! As for the pilot of the ship, I'm currently filling that role and we have an NPC Engineer / Medic but you can apply with whatever you wish to apply with. Perhaps a Surgeon who but herself / himself through college on a GI bill? Or whatever combo you wish.

Actually, I haven't been chosen yet. I've only asked if applications are still being accepted.

And then I asked what the group could use mostly because I didn't want to step on someone's character concept.

I'm thinking of a veterinarian with a little bit of piloting skills. Possibly living/working in Alaska where she sometimes flies to remote areas to treat animals of small settlements and/or remote farms/ranches/hunting lodges/etc.

I meant welcome to the thread silly.

I believe we still have openings and that sounds like a good and realistic combination.

What build are you thinking as far as levels?

Yes, and since vets have to take as much or more schooling as a general medical doctor and they have to know/treat so many different species, I figure it's about as close to a xeno-biologist as we can find on Real-Earth.

If no one has a problem with me submitting this character concept, then I'll try to have it formally posted by tonight and a character sheet before the end of the weekend.

I thought the albino lesbian stripper was going to be good. Wasn't anyone else looking forward to that application?