Chapter 3: In-Character Adventure Thread

 
Sariel and Hawkler identify Cord's breadfruit (a starchy white-fleshed tree-fruit that when cooked is not unlike a potato in nutritional value). Unfortunately, they are about half the size they should be as they're weeks from being ripe enough to harvest.

Cord

As he stumps over to inspect Sariel's feet, Cord looks over his shoulder at Hawkler and snorts Whate'er kilt th' monkey, 't'weren't the fruit. Not unless it sprouts edges and spreads blood all o'er th' place.. He then stoops down and takes each of the female elf's dainty feet in his large, calloused, hands in turn, carefully turning and inspecting them, as he mumbles, No need ter thank me fer the fruit. There should be enough fer everyone ter have some o' it.
Heal check, Take 10=16

Olo

The halfling moves to help Cord with his examination of Sariel's feet. "Thank you, Cord," he said, with a strange smile. "I can make sure her feet are clean, though. Do you have your spells ready?" he asks.

Cord

Cord nods to Olo and grunts, Aye. I be ready ter get underway. Gozreh's gi'en me th'ability ter shield another from the day's heat. I'm thinking Lil, but if there were one o' yer group that were worse off, I be listenin'

Olo

Olo shakes his head. "I think we're Ok. With the need to track, we haven't been going too fast, and we've been resting during the hottest parts of the day."

Early start, 6:35am, Day 5After treating Sariel's foot, morning prayers and a brief meal, the group departs, continuing down the path in the morning twilight.

Not 100 yards from the camp, a gruesome sight awaits. Laying in the middle of the trail is the body of a howler monkey, punctured head to toe by deep, one-inch diameter bite marks with a semi-circular bite pattern from a jaw that is almost a foot wide. There isn't any flesh missing but the monkey is flaccid and gaunt as if the majority of its blood has been drained away and most of its bones have been broken.

After a careful investigation, it's clear that the body was not here during the rains last evening as there is no up-splatter from the muddy trail. There is no evidence of tracks other than the feint remnants from the group you are pursuing.

Cord

Before setting out, Cord invokes Gozreh's blessings upon himself and Lilianna, protecting them from the island heat.


Sariel

Sariel squats down beside the furry body of the monkey and looks at it closely, although she refrains from touching it. "I don't think I want to meet the creature that did that."

Dice Roll: 1d20z
d20 Results: 2
Heal: Cause of Death (2)
Dice Roll: 1d20+7z
d20 Results: 17 (Total = 24)
Knowledge (Nature): Cause of Death (24)

Olo

The oracle joins Sariel. "Well, if we don't want to meet it, we should probably be going. It must be close, as this was freshly killed; we should be on our guard..." He then joins in the examination of the corpse.

Dice Roll: 1d20+7z
d20 Results: 19 (Total = 26)
Heal (26)
Dice Roll: 1d20+7z
d20 Results: 19 (Total = 26)
Knowledge (Nature) (26)

Hawkler

Hawkler walks over to the dead monkey and kneels to have a closer look, carefully watching the jungle around him and the party.

Dice Roll: 1d20+7z
d20 Results: 16 (Total = 23)
Knowledge: Nature, to verify what creature could have done this. (23)
Yes, we should keep our eyes open. I think this monkey was just in the way of a creature at the wrong time is all.

Hawkler then walks over to the tracks that are faintly left behind.

Dice Roll: 1d20+7z
d20 Results: 8 (Total = 15)
Tracking, verifying any additional knowledge. (15)





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Blog   Myth-Weavers Status