Los Angeles by Night

Old Apr 20 '12, 8:41am
Methuselah

Los Angeles by Night

Los Angeles By Night - Forum
Vampire: Masquerade
Ad Closes: Aug 20 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 99

Please see this thread for character creation. I will be checking here too, however, do not post characters here.

Game Description:

Los Angeles by Night
A Vampire: the Masquerade Sandbox Game

Setting:

A new order has risen in the city. The mysterious neonate who dethroned the corrupt Prince Sebastian Le Croix chose to continue Camarilla rule in the city, then set off for points unknown. The Primogen council ruled for over 8 years before the Inner Council set one of the highest ranking Elders in Europe over the city: Prospero Colonna, a shadowy figure who has never held a formal title in the Camarilla, but who has an unparalleled network of spies, contacts, and informants across the world and in every sect. Under this new regime, many vampires, both anarch and Camarilla, hope to make their fortunes.

Tone

This is a Vampire: the Masquerade game set 8 years after the events of the video game Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines. I, Forosus XVI, will act as your humble referee. I say referee, and not storyteller, because this will be a sandbox style game. I will set up various locales in Los Angeles where players can interact, develop their own plots, and otherwise get up to mischief. Of course, I will be setting up my own plots too, though with rare exceptions, you don't have to participate in them if you'd rather not. Players are free to submit to me their own plots, and if approved may run them. As referee I will also assist in creating or running any NPCs you want or need to interact with, either casually or as part of plots.

My intention for this game is to be high on roleplaying and use of non-combat related skills, and low on fights and brawls (especially between players.)

Last edited by Forosus XVI; Apr 20 '12 at 8:43am..
Been some time since I've played Vampire and am definitely a fan of Bloodlines.

This seems a good read & write. I'm definitely interested. I have several concepts in mind and after getting a feel for the tone & setting would definitely be up for submission.

I've played V:tDA several times, but not V:tM, nor did I play Bloodlines. I do have experience with the setting via W:tA however. I'll have to look at the system changes from tDA to tM but I'm interested in joining

I'd be up for this. What are we looking at as far as possible Bloodlines, limitations, etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyresight View Post
I'd be up for this. What are we looking at as far as possible Bloodlines, limitations, etc?
Most information should be found in the character creation thread. In brief, Sabbat clans and Sabbat aligned vampires are not allowed at the moment.

I have to say, just having replayed Bloodlines not ten minutes ago before hunting out for an actual V:tM game, this seems right up my alley. It's been a while since I last played any WoD stuff table-top wise (not for lack of want, certainly; the usual gang just doesn't seem to care too much about getting anything going back on the RPG front since one left the states), but after a quick glancing over of the books and whatnot in my house, I'm sure I can get back up to speed in short order if you'll have me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagny View Post
I have to say, just having replayed Bloodlines not ten minutes ago before hunting out for an actual V:tM game, this seems right up my alley. It's been a while since I last played any WoD stuff table-top wise (not for lack of want, certainly; the usual gang just doesn't seem to care too much about getting anything going back on the RPG front since one left the states), but after a quick glancing over of the books and whatnot in my house, I'm sure I can get back up to speed in short order if you'll have me.
You are most welcome to join, and I feel your pain. I spent quite a while trawling google to find a V:tM game and was disappointed, so I just decided to make my own!

The character creation thread can be found here.

I'm interested, but aside from casually reading the core books and skimming a few supplements I've never played. Would you mind dealing with an uniformed but motivated player?

I'm happy to help new players as well with any questions regarding the mechanics or the setting. Be awhile since I played Bloodlines, but I've played V:tM for pretty much my entire gaming career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABCoLD View Post
I'm interested, but aside from casually reading the core books and skimming a few supplements I've never played. Would you mind dealing with an uniformed but motivated player?
New players are most welcome. My strong desire for this game is for it to be primarily character interaction driven, and to have dice used infrequently, so it should be friendly to people who are not totally up on the oWoD mechanics.