Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

DnD3.5e: Looking for a lost system

Looking for a lost system

A long time ago, I played a game here on myth-weavers with a very unique Stat generation. It involved rolling the dice and comparing the number to a scale: Rolling High gave you lots of points to spend in point buy format, but the limit to how many points per attribute was lower, while rolling low gave you few points, but the cap was higher. I can't remember if the Game master made it himself or if he got it from somewhere, but I would very much like to use it in my upcoming game.

The terrible thing is: I don't remember the game name, or any of the players... Google has been unhelpful, and my post history only goes back 500 posts... I plea to the Myth-weavers! Does anyone know where I can find this system?

Was it fantasy? Sci fi? What kind of dice were rolled to generate the stat-system? Do you recall what the stats were? Strength / Dexterity / Agility / Quickness etc?

All of this would go to helping.

Also, did you ever create a thread in that game? Your "Created Thread" search goes back till your Introduction post you did back in 2009. http://www.myth-weavers.com/search.p...&pp=25&page=10

Did you ever join the game officially? Because this is a list of games you've ever joined on Mythweavers. http://www.myth-weavers.com/gamebrow...earchid=626246

The game was dungeons and dragons, cannot remember if it was Adnd or 3.5.

I'll check my created threads, thanks for the advice,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss View Post
Did you ever join the game officially? Because this is a list of games you've ever joined on Mythweavers. http://www.myth-weavers.com/gamebrow...earchid=626246
Excluding 6 private games.

I don't think the game ever made it off the ground... If it did I was not accepted.

Oh Dang! I found it, Or rather, a crude copy paste job I did to show a friend of mine. But it is there! Thanks for all the help guys!

Well, don't keep us all in suspense. Show us this system, in case we want to steal borrow it.

I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR MAKING THIS!

Start With a simple Roll of Two Six-Sided Dice! (2d6) Consult the chart below...

Your Stats start at 0, you spend One point to get one point... Very simple... you may not have less than 3 in any stat, nor go above your maximum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allucard View Post
I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR MAKING THIS!

Start With a simple Roll of Two Six-Sided Dice! (2d6) Consult the chart below...

Your Stats start at 0, you spend One point to get one point... Very simple... you may not have less than 3 in any stat, nor go above your maximum!
The forum software doesn't seem to like nested spoilers. (I edited to denest above; changing to a tidier chart might also be handy )

I'm a fairly new player, and I thought it might be interesting to make a character that's basically a Jedi - any recommendations on what class might work best? I don't know nearly enough about all of them to make the call myself.
Also, are there any weapons similar to a lightsaber that are well-known?