The Eaglecrest Chronicles

Old May 11 '12, 12:12am
God-King of the Primordium

The Eaglecrest Chronicles

The Eaglecrest Chronicles - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Ad Closes: May 21 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 5

This is the first time I'll be DMing a game here on Myth-weavers - assuming this gets started and goes through. This is not, however, my first time DMing, nor my first time DMing a PbP campaign.

The First thing I'll lay out is my expectations. You don't have to be experienced with D&D to get in (though you do have to know how to play, of course), but you do have to be a serious roleplayer, and capable of playing along with a detailed plot - though one that still gives plenty of freedom to the characters. This is not a light-hearted campaign, and while there will probably be humorous moments, this isn't going to be about the humor. I also expect people who won't flake out or leave quickly, and who are willing to stick with this. And willing to come to me with problems or concerns they have with my DMing, or if they think I'm mistreating them, or what have you. I want this to be a functional campaign that makes as many people happy and want to continue playing.

You start at 1st level, have 500 starting gold, and can be of any class or race found in any official D&D 3.5e WotC sourcebook, even setting specific ones (unless they're so specifically built for their setting that they'd be impossible to translate to another setting.) If you want to use homebrew or non WotC (but still 3e/3.5) content, you'll need to run it by me first. Odds are I'll probably say no, but I might, if I think its balanced and not too off the wall.

I'm more interested in characters that I am in stats. So don't try too hard to make sure the party has a balanced class set up, and I want interesting characters and good roleplayers. You can apply in the Applications Forum, though make sure to roll your stats in the ability score rolls thread.

Game Description:

The City of Eaglecrest, on the northern frontier of the mighty Kingdom of Halrun, is a center of economic activity for the region. And it has been the center of a surprising amount of history. Twenty-one years ago, the War of the Orbs, fought over the incredibly powerful Elemental Orbs - eight artifacts of immense power - consumed Halrun, and Eaglecrest served as one of the main centers of the war, its famed militia fighting the Bandits Clans of Ashvale and adventurers based there taking down the Cult of the Crimson Flame in the Tarkos Hills - a cult of fire mages following the Mad Pyromancer Irino.

It has been 18 years since the end of the War of the Orbs, and things have settled, but Eaglecrest, sitting on the frontier as it does, and with the untamed lands north of it crawling with goblinoids and filled with ruins - some more than 1,000 years old - still hums with adventurer activity.

But there are rumors stirring across the kingdom. Creatures of fire are being spotted in the Tarkos Hills, the goblinoids are beginning to unite, the orcs to the south are growing bolder - everywhere evil seems to be on the rise. But as of yet, the new face of the threat has yet to be seen...

As these threats and more loom over the land, anew war begins...in Eaglecrest.

The Eaglecrest Chronicles are a long-term campaign in a setting of my own design. The character start at level 1, but progress up through the levels as they start with small, seemingly unconnected missions in and around Eaglecrest and begin to piece together a terrible plot a thousand years in the making.

Depending on the retention rate from adventure to adventure, new players may be brought in if needed between adventures, though hopefully this won't be needed.

Color me intrigued.

I've got a character app just burning to be played. Also, the setting is impressive. You've obviously put a lot of thought into it, and it shows in the quality.

Sure...if it from Wizards Content...and doesn't have an LA, etc,

What book is it from?

Rainbow Warsnake is a way to dramatically increase the power of a Warmage by giving it access to all cleric spells. It is a fan-created name of a particular build.

I have a Swashbuckler that I have wanted to play pretty badly. I think his character would be right at home in this setting. I am very interested. I don't have any PbP experience yet but I am a quick learner and would love to get involved.

@Gavin: Can you link me? So its basically switching out the Warmage spell list for a divine spell list or what? I'm not clear on how it gives 'access'. I just want to make sure there are no OP classes.

@Burnheart: Sounds good.

@Prophetic Joe: Sounds great. PbP not that hard, feel free to ask me if you have any questions.

Well, read the text in page 55 of Complete Divine, under "Cleric Spell Access", for Rainbow Servant.

Also, if you don't want any OP classes, ban the big six:

http://www.myth-weavers.com/wiki/index.php/Big_Five_FAQ

Archivist, Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard, and Convert Spell to Power variant Erudite.