OOC: The Hypernet

I added my proposed robot design and trade off's if allowed, as well as my backgrounds, into my app. Eagerly awaiting feedback, hope the 'Emergency' tech support goes well.

I updated my app as well. Just has to knock out the levels to match what I stated. Have to look at all the resources and decide which would be the best way to do it. Hope you like the application. I decided to steer away from a combat medic and make him more of a Doctor / Surgeon / Craftsman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldarian View Post
Basic apps are finally done for my two concepts, still working on some underlining backgrounds for them. Though I got a pretty good idea in my head exactly what I want to write up.

I have one question though... For my 2nd concept (Robotics and Cybernetics Engineer) can I possible put together a PL 5/PL 6 robot to bring along? I can come up with a basic fleshed out design and send it to you.
Copycat

And isn't the ship gonna be filled with robots anyway? Or did I dream that? *unsure*

I'll be using Saturday to read over all apps and giving out feedback or asking for certain details. Late-Wednesday is when the application process will close.

The ship is highly automated. A starship of its size/class would normally run on a crew twice the size of the group, in addition to normal automatons. There will be robots assisting in just about every part of the ship, though they're not expected to operate outside of a very narrow set of parameters. Requesting the help of the robo-chef will not end well if the task is emergency surgery.

The SI will, however, be highly intelligent, but limited in what it is allowed to do.

I didn't see your robot cat in til after lol, nice design by the way. Way cool extreme advanced robotic cat. My robot design is more of a geeks dream self built salvaged bot from old PL 5 & PL 6 parts. Fits really well with my character concept.

Quote:
I didn't see your robot cat in til after lol, nice design by the way. Way cool extreme advanced robotic cat. My robot design is more of a geeks dream self built salvaged bot from old PL 5 & PL 6 parts. Fits really well with my character concept.
I actually used a PL6 base with some PL7 upgrades. It was tons of fun, I never had a reason to construct a robot before. Much fun was had.

I put together quite a few running similar games using PL 9 tech, even better!! One of the games I run I had an NPC crew member doppelganger bot sent by a rival corporation who kept storing info and trying to sabotage everything. No one caught on in til during a battle on an alien world it used a internal mounted plasma pistol because everyone was getting slaughtered.

Quote:
I put together quite a few running similar games using PL 9 tech, even better!! One of the games I run I had an NPC crew member doppelganger bot sent by a rival corporation who kept storing info and trying to sabotage everything. No one caught on in til during a battle on an alien world it used a internal mounted plasma pistol because everyone was getting slaughtered.
[WHISPERS]Don't trust the robots![/WHISPERS]

So want this as a Mecha <.<; Was chatting to one of my friends about this game and he sent me the picture, totally shows the idea I had in my head of a Mecha with a collapsible shield on one arm, recoilless rifle in the other and some decent mobility

Just discovered the OOC thread, guess this is a much better place to post questions than the Game Ad, lol ;-)

I'm going for an Engineer/Field Scientist mix for my Chief Engineer concept where I'll be able to craft(and mastercraft at that) anything, repair anything and (at lvl 8) be use the Field Scientist lvl 2 ability to make up crazy MacGyver nonsense on the spot, but questions:

1. Mastercrafting is usually limited by taking experience, which is terrible and I'm glad we're not using it. However do you want to put some kind of limit on it, because otherwise I'll Mastercraft +3 everything for everyone. Maybe like 3 items per player can be Mastercraft?

2. I plan to grab
Scientific Improvisation

At 2nd level, a Field Scientist gains the ability to improvise solutions using common objects and scientific know-how. This ability lets the Field Scientist create objects in a dramatic situation quickly and cheaply, but that have a limited duration.

By spending 1 action point and combining common objects with a Craft check that corresponds to the function desired, the Field Scientist can build a tool or device to deal with any situation. The DC for the Craft check is equal to 5 + the purchase DC of the object that most closely matches the desired function. Only objects that can normally be used more than once can be improvised.

Electronic devices, special tools, weapons, mechanical devices, and more can be built with scientific improvisation. It takes a full-round action to make an object with scientific improvisation. The object, when put into use, lasts for a number of rounds equal to the Field Scientist’s class level, or until the end of the current encounter, before it breaks down. It can’t be repaired.
this at level 8, could I "craft" parts of the ship together into new purposes? I.e. I'm connected to the ship's computer, could I roll craft to repolarize the deflector array to fire an inverse tachyon beam? Or if we're being chased in a vehicle, on the fly increase power to the engines, etc.?

I'm going to keep the Field Scientist levels low (2-4 tops) so these effects won't last many rounds.

Limit it to three? You do still have to make your checks and use your time. Those are some of the trade offs. Yes it would be nice to make everything +3 but if four crew members ask you to improve their stuff and the Captain tells him to repair and improve the engine...he won't have time to do it all (that means all the PC's need to stay on your good side so that you spend extra time or sacrifice your sleep, etc). Just saying.

EDIT: Oh and I'll be headed 3 Smart / 1 Field Scientist / 10 Tecnhosavant / Who knows? (if selected).