Calling all Dispoisable Heroes

Old May 27 '12, 10:41pm
Freelance Wealth Redistribution tech

Calling all Dispoisable Heroes

Gates of Tomorrow - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 1

Heavy metal and D&D go together like peanut butter and chocolate. Epic battles, terrible villains, great heroes, mighty dragons and more are ubiquitous throughout heavy metal. This is a game inspired my the lyrics of heavy metal along with some of other genres.

Here you will be playing as a settler on a hellish frontier known as Devils Island. The game will start with the PCs either getting on the boat, in the middle of the voyage, or just stepping off, I haven't decided which yet and your input is most welcome.

The GMs: Yours truly with some help from Tonizio.

Application:

Starting level is first, there is a attributes rolling thread in the game forum, starting wealth is standard as per the PHB.

Race:
Class:
Alignment: Possibly against my better judgement I'm going to allow any alignment.
Appearance: Typical what do you look like, pictures are nice but far from necessary.
Personality: What makes you who you you, what are your hopes and fears, that sort of stuff?
Background: What did you do before you hoped a boat to Devils Island and why are going, is it by choice or where you convicted of a crime and chose shipping out over the gallows?
Song of Inspiration: Something special for this campaign I'm requiring all applicants to cite one song as inspiration for their character. You might be sorcerer who gained his powers by being the seventh son on a seventh son, or a priest of the Temples of Syrinx.

Sources Allowed:

Right now I'm going to allow anything put out by WotC, but I'm going to talk to Tonizio about it, don't make me regret being so open.

Lastly I've been very vague, this is intentional, I'm looking to you to help me fill in the blanks.

Game Description:

Calling all disposable heroes; the kingdom of Judas is looking brave and mighty individuals to settle the Sleepwalker Archipelago. This chain of dangerous and mysterious islands has long frightened civilized people and until recently only a few foolish individuals have ever tried explore the islands most never making it back.

That all changed 21 years ago when king Iommi ordered the port city of Remember Tomorrow built on the largest and closest island known as Devils Island. Twelve years ago king Iommi went missing on a visit to the island, prince Ulrich has since come to rule and it is by his efforts you know find yourself headed to Devils Island. Settlers might be volunteers swayed by tales of untold riches hiding among the dangers or criminals given the option of settling Devils Island instead of going to the gallows.

Posting interest

I am posting interest.

P.S.
Make the DM stuffs thread private, we can see your brain storming thread.

Very Tempted to make a Half Orc Barbarian with my song being Turn up the radio by Autograph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatter View Post
Very Tempted to make a Half Orc Barbarian with my song being Turn up the radio by Autograph.
LOL, I just finished playing a few hours of Alpha Protocol and just beat Brayko... For those of you who have never played that fight is in the middle of a in-home disco where "Turn up the Radio" is playing.

Oh, and, yes, I will be interested and will be turning in an application.

I might try to apply with a rebellious
Relatively speaking, of course...
young Dwarven Sorcerer with a fascination for lightning magic who's theme is AC/DC's "Thunderstruck."

I am possessed of the interest. Thinking something from The Sword, just need to narrow it down.