Creative Corner

Post your creative works here and show off your talent!

Homestuck Tabletop RPG: Rules-Lite [PEACH, Playtesters Needed]

Homestuck Tabletop RPG: Rules-Lite [PEACH, Playtesters Needed]

Hello, Everyone!

So, me and my friends were recently trying to play an RPG based on Homestuck. Unfortunately, this wasn't quite as possible as I hoped, since none of them like 4e, meaning that the currently available homebrew wouldn't really work for our group.

Well, long story short, I kinda developed a homebrew, significantly more rules-lite system, with the intent being to create something capable of replicating everything seen happening in homestuck, while also not being overly complicated. What I wound up making was an unholy mash-up of FATE, Nobilis, Mage, and a bit of the Yozi excellencies from Exalted, all slapped together with a home-made dice system that, IMO, is a pretty darn good fit for the sort of chaotic action we see in the webcomic. And you know what? I think I can make it work.

Of course, you can't make a good system without at least doing a bit of playtesting, and given that I live out in the middle of nowhere, finding people to work on it IRL would be pretty much impossible for the next couple of months. But that's where you guys come in, right?

Anyways, if you'd be willing to help me run this system through its paces, I'd be thrilled to have you.

If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback, just let me know, and I'll do my best to answer them.

Thank you all so much!
Attached Images
File Type: png Homestuck Charsheet 2.png (41.5 KB, 0 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Homestuck RPG v0.2.pdf (834.1 KB, 0 views)

I'm reading through the pdf now, and might create a character using the system as an experiment. However, I've noticed that in the fraymotiff section, it ends with a "Their Interpretation Of-" and cuts off as the next section starts.

Oh, that's an editing artifact. I was trying to note that what I call fraymotifs, they call Abilities (their Fraymotifs are passive, music-based buffs, which wouldn't really work well in a tabletop game),

I'll think about it, although I don't want to add another system unless I really have to. For now, fraymotifs are renamed to abilities, and an updated version of the rules, with some art of locations and NPCs, and an extra appendix noting various conditions is attached to this post.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Homestuck RPG v0.3.pdf (1.27 MB, 0 views)

Blahblahblah, still recruiting? Blahblah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crukas View Post
Is there any particular time in which we would need to have character sheets filled out? Also, is there any way to contact you outside of the Myth-Weavers site?
A twitter hash would be useful, I think.

I tried using steam, for the IM, but people aren't always there and the videogames library is distracting for some reason.