Character Discussion

Character Discussion

If you have any questions about character creation this is the place to ask them.

Please, however, don't reveal what your build consists of. I wish for everyone to find out what you are capable of through game play and interaction.

The actual submission thread can be found: HERE

In what manner will our characters be introduced to the game?

Will they be introduced to the original cast almost immediately?

Will we be under any particular circumstance as we enter?

This actually depends on you. My group is sort of split up but interacting parallel to each other. I basically have plots running in the background that organizations and factions are creating. Some are trying to combat Ruin, while Ruin has their own plans, which are part of more major plans, which also connect with those another group are dealing with, etc, and all are connected with the starfalls.

So depending on the type of character you have and where their strengths lie, I could fit you in almost anywhere. Since the majority of plots connect at some level, anything can eventually lead me to bringing you all together if that is wished, or if circumstances happen to do so.

I could even, possibly, put you on the 'bad side' if it appeals.

One of my best players won't ally with any of the groups, playing a very self-centered and paranoid minded individual. He keeps flitting here and there, being tossed about in the storm of play and trying to survive. He's sort of like the unstoppable force ricocheting off of the immovable object.

Basically, how you got here is more important than where you are. Once I read your story and know what manner of individual you are I'll best know how to suggest you start.

My original players were those caught up in the unending nightmare, but were freed.

Another, my chaotic player, happened to walk right into an ambush on a caravan and was used as bait, which introduced him to important people that the other characters knew.

Another was part of the great guarded caravan journeying to the Bazaar for the festival. That's how he met my chaotic player.

Yet another is on a personal quest to find the only surviving sage of this recent starfall.

I keep it all together because I've been running this campaign off and on for 10 years, so have had plenty of time to write and create and connect. Each time my players do so they create more connections I can use for the next run.

Would there be a convenient way to join the "main" group of players? My current backstory thoughts are pretty wide open, an arcanist wandering the world with the aid of magic avoiding or defying Ruin and sometimes trading with the Bazaar. So it would be easy enough to incorporate useful elements.

Oh, plenty of convenient ways to bring you into the main, sure.

I've been debating my character concept based on the Liccan, what are the bile lands? Also, is it possible to simply leave Licc?

Where do we make our rolls? I've a couple of characters in mind, and the stats are likely to determine which I'll go with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMann View Post
Where do we make our rolls? I've a couple of characters in mind, and the stats are likely to determine which I'll go with.
Oh, over in the submission thread is fine (have it linked on the first post of this thread). That'll be your page for all character information and rolls.

Quote:
I've been debating my character concept based on the Liccan, what are the bile lands? Also, is it possible to simply leave Licc?
Alright, well, before I answer that, if you start anywhere near the other players, you'll likely be at least 10,000 miles from Licc. As in, Hearth has twice the area of earth and Licc is almost on the other side of the world than Longhouse where the current players are at.

As for leaving, it is possible, even easy, to be thrown out, but almost impossible to simply leave. If thrown out good luck getting back in.

The Bilelands are a wasteland near the base of the mountain range where Licc is found. The land is blasted and spirits and twisted creatures seem to abound there.