Old: AC MDB ACP
- Armored Coat (Torso, medium): +4 +3 -2 20' (Can be worn on top of other torso armor, use better AC bonus)
- Lamellar Cuirass (Torso, light): +2 +4 0 30' (Brigandine, I think)
- Studded Leather (Leg, light): +1 +5 0 30'
- Scale (Arms, medium): +1 +3 -2 30'
- With Armored Coat on: +7 +3 -2 20'
- With Armored Coat off: +5 +3 -2 30'
Buying new armor pieces, 15 (cuirass) + 5 (studded leg) + 10 (scale arm) = 30 gold pieces.
+checks remaining gold pieces+
Remaining 100 gold plus silvers and coppers.
Enough to start making one or two Alchemical items or poisons.
Maybe even start with the shield stand.
Regarding Fighter class features, if you want to keep it just to one Archetype, I'll ask if I can use Lore Warden. It wasn't on the list of the archetypes available, but its class features are passive and mostly just plain numerical bonuses that they won't lock Jan in any fighting styles.
If not, it's a toss up between focusing with the tower shield handling (TS Specialist), close combat (Brawler), or stick and shield (Phalanx).
If we are actually going to go with mix-and-match... Well, I'll mix-and-match.
Mostly cherry-picking features.