A loose association of former humans, the Twisted were corrupted by a mad warlock into horrible shapes, designed for war. The warlock's hubris was great, however, and he was slain by his own creations. He did make them breed true, so their numbers are still growing; and despite the change in leadership, they're still frighteningly good at war. Some say they fight for a land of their own, some to gain power and reverse their transformations. Regardless of the reason, they fight.
1. Stretched Man: Tending toward grotesquely tall and thin, these were once normal men and women but have been stretched beyond their capacity.
Woodeater: Their teeth sharpened into points, these stretched men were designed to rip flesh apart. They have all vowed to never eat meat again, spitting in the dead warlock's eye.
2. Grackle: Young men and boys whose limbs have been twisted until they resemble spiders. The process affected their vocal cords; the majority of Grackles can only hiss and yowl like cats.
Grown Grackle: Dangerous even as children, the adult forms of the Grackles are even more formidable.
3. Spitter: With modified throats and stomachs capable of projecting their digestive acid more than a kilometer away, the horrendous creatures known as Spitters are a match for any archers.
Big Spitter: A carefully structured diet ensures the acid produced by these soldiers is as powerful and plentiful as possible.
4. Cleaner: Trained by the original team that took down the warlock bastard, these Stretched Men have learned to ground out all kinds of magical energies.
Spellbreaker: Able to counteract even the strongest magic, they cannot be directly affected by any spells.
5. Virungan: With forearms and shoulders so massive they must move on all fours, these large apelike warriors can strike mighty blows.
Fomori: With tons of muscle and a reinforced bone structure, a single Fomor is practically a siege engine, though in constant pain from the bony spikes on its back and major joints.
6. Centaur: A horrible attempt to combine the best of humans and horses, these incredibly fast experiments have trouble digesting with their two stomachs; each needs radically different input.
Centaur Blade-Dancer: Lean and sleek, these warriors fight with incredible skill, wielding two blades in concert with their mighty hooves.
7. Manticore: Combining the features of nearly a dozen beasts, the monstrous Manticores have teeth, claws, wings, and a deadly spiked tail.
Chimera: A three-headed manticore with deadly flame and poison spewing from its mouths.