Notices

Character Building: Rules and Questions

Character Building: Rules and Questions

Roll Attributes. (Myth weaver has a built in, cheater resistant, dice roller.)

4d6. Reroll 1's. Drop Lowest.
Roll Six Times.
Then apply -2 across the board for physical stats and -1 for mental ones. (Don't worry, it's compensated, more once I know your class, race and stats.)

Race.

Simply use This.

Class:

Any Pathfinder

Any questions, bonuses and munchkin-isms discussed here.

Starting Level: 1 (or 2 if all three accepted players give a persuasive, convergent argument for it.)

Flaws: up to 2. Must be somewhat In character.

House rule:

Feat gains at Levels 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 etc...

Alright so let's get some stats.

Stats:
Dice Roll:
4d6^3r1 4d6^3r1 4d6^3r1 4d6^3r1 4d6^3r1 4d6^3r1
d6 Results: 4, 3, 2 (Total = 9)
d6 Results: 4, 2, 6 (Total = 12)
d6 Results: 6, 6, 6 (Total = 18)
d6 Results: 4, 2, 5 (Total = 11)
d6 Results: 4, 4, 5 (Total = 13)
d6 Results: 6, 2, 4 (Total = 12)

So something like...

ST 10
DX 18
Con 8
Int 10
Wis 8
Cha 14

Yeah, stats make sense.

Now for things that are important to you.

Flight:
Scotaloo Can't fly just yet since she is too young. She can however, hover a few inches above ground at will. You may not use the run action while hovering. This action produces the distinctive buzzing sound. It reduces any falling damage and lets you move over pressure triggered traps or water.

Hovering counts as Running at full speed without increasing actual movement speed. (for purposes of fortitude checks etc..)

Super Speed Strut:
Scoot can also Super Speed Scoot. Same rules apply.

Cloud walking.

You can treat clouds as a solid or as a vapor.

You can also climb on top of a cloud, for instance a mist cloud*, by passing a climb check DC 10.

*Mist needs to be fairly thick.

New skill
A Pegasus can learn Craft: Cloud. Crafting clouds is a supernatural ability that requires training.

With a successful Craft Cloud check DC 10 a Pegasus may condense a cloud from the moisture in the air. This takes one hour for a small cloud and doubles for each size category above small.

For each five points the check goes over the DC you half the time needed to craft a small cloud.

Crafting a cloud larger then small increases the DC by 5 for each category size.

A small cloud can contains one gallon of water. Each size category doubles the water amount.

Handling and building storm clouds is a specialized skill that requires a Weather Pegasus Feat. (Weather Pegasus Feat needs 8 ranks in Craft Cloud (or skill focus: craft cloud) and 4 ranks in Knowledge weather.)

New Skill: Knowledge Weather.
Short and Long term weather analysis and prediction. (Long term, semi permanent or rapid weather manipulation require combined Craft Cloud and Knowledge weather checks.)

Synergy to: Craft Cloud and Survival.

That's it for Pegasus specific stuff. Now:

Non Dexterous:
Pony hooves are imbued with low level magic that help them stick their hoves to things and sensitive. However this adaption does not enable fine dexterous manipulation. Ponies Suffer a -2 penalty when wielding a weapon with their hooves, a -6 penalty when performing very fine manipulation with their hooves and a -10 penalty when attempting to pick a lock with their hooves.

This also grants ponies +4 to any balance check and bracing against a bull rush attempt.

New feats:
Improved Hoofing and Hoof Mastery half and eliminate Non-dexterous penalty to fine manipulation and Lock picking.

Improved Hoofing and Hoof Mastery each grant a +1 skill bonus to Tumble, climb and Sleight of Hoof checks.

Improved Bipedalism:
Req: Tumble 5 ranks.
You no longer require a check for bipedal movement and the penalty for wielding weapons with hooves is eliminated.

New Skill Trick:
Lock Whisperer:
You can pick a lock by using a lockpicking tool with your mouth and tongue once per encounter. Non dexterous penalty does not apply but you may loose/chip a tooth if you roll 1 on your skill check. Each subsequent Lock picking attempt in the same encounter or one hour period whichever is smaller has a cumulative -2 penalty.

Bipedalism: By making a dexterity check (or a tumble check) you may rear on your hind legs for a time equal to your dexterity bonus. This enables the use of two handed weapons and shields larger then a buckler. You still have a -2 penalty to using weapons.

I would have thought that our mouths and tongues would work as de-facto hands no strings attached, of course we can't speak while using them.

Are our hooves natural weapons?

I'm more interested in exploring the things a pony can do instead of trying to play catch-up with things a human can do naturally. Nevertheless having to spend all those feats to remove those huge penalties seems kind of harsh, may I suggest instead we could automatically gain those feats as we gain levels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilRoeSlade View Post
I would have thought that our mouths and tongues would work as de-facto hands no strings attached, of course we can't speak while using them.
Well, yes and no. Very fine action is tricky and lock picking and similar very fine mechanical manipulation is tricky. Hence the skill trick. (All skill tricks cost two skill points)

Quote:
Are our hooves natural weapons?
Yes, by size, as normal.

Quote:
I'm more interested in exploring the things a pony can do instead of trying to play catch-up with things a human can do naturally. Nevertheless having to spend all those feats to remove those huge penalties seems kind of harsh, may I suggest instead we could automatically gain those feats as we gain levels?
Well, yes. That seems like a good idea. However Bonus pony feats would be kinda few and far between.

Levels 5 and 10. Tho you could buy one off at those levels and replace the previous feat slot with something else.

Also, if you wish you may exchange one sneak attack dice for a feat.

It's not that huge a penalty.

-2 is a circumstance penalty. As in ponies are quadrupeds and have no fingers to wield weapons with.

Lock picking is kinda heavy on the penalty sure but I offered a skill trick to go around it. C'mooon. 2 Skill points. :P

Now that I think about it I'm gonna try getting lock whisperer as an approved skill trick for my human rogue and carry hidden lock picks in my shoulder pads. XD.

Oh and I forgot to mention.

House rule:

Feat gains at Levels 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 etc...

Don't mind me. Potential Sweetie Belle Sorcerer Wizard incoming.

Stats:
Dice Roll:
4d6^3r1 4d6^3r1 4d6^3r1 4d6^3r1 4d6^3r1 4d6^3r1
d6 Results: 4, 6, 4 (Total = 14)
d6 Results: 4, 3, 5 (Total = 12)
d6 Results: 3, 3, 4 (Total = 10)
d6 Results: 4, 3, 6 (Total = 13)
d6 Results: 6, 6, 3 (Total = 15)
d6 Results: 6, 5, 5 (Total = 16)

Assuming Unicorns get the +2 Int, +2 Cha, -2 Str stat bonuses, stats should look like...

Str: 8
Dex: 12
Con: 8
Int: 17
Wis: 12
Cha: 16

Str: -4
Dex: -2
Con: -2
Int: +1
Wis: -1
Cha: +1

Pah. You want me to be literate? When applying for a game that's done completely through a written medium? Don't be ridiculous.

Anyway, intro is in progress.

Flying:

For now it is same as Running. This will change as you level.

You can run as a full-round action.

If you do, you do not also get a 5-foot step. When you run, you can move up to four times your speed in a straight line (or three times your speed if you're in heavy armor).

For now Flying for you counts as heavy armour. You add your own weight as carry weight too. Essentially you can Fly at 3x rate.

You lose any Dexterity bonus to AC unless you have the Run feat.. You just loose it. You could get a feat to fix it but it will go away in time on it's own.

You can run for a number of rounds equal to your Constitution score, but after that you must make a DC 10 Constitution check to continue running. You must check again each round in which you continue to run, and the DC of this check increases by 1 for each check you have made. When you fail this check, you must stop running.

A character who has run to his limit must rest for 1 minute (10 rounds) before running again. During a rest period, a character can move no faster than a normal move action.

Reality Schmeality (Should we make a nickname for this ability?)

Addendum. By moving super duper fast you can use the extra move ability to flank an opponent that is in melee with you for the duration of one standard action with all the bonuses and abilities this confers.

Remember this is a move action that works as a swift action. They blink and you moved 30 ft.