- The Astral Plane is also called the Astral Sea. It is connected to the Outer Planes and the dominions of the gods, both those dead and alive, and lots of interesting stuff.
- The Nine Hells is found in the Astral Sea
- The Inner Planes, are part of the Elemental Chaos.
- The most well known of the Inner Planes are the Fire, Water, Air and Earth, Positive and Energy.
- At the center of each Inner Plane, is a 'Deep Area', where the Plane's pure elemental source can be found. It is utterly inhospitable, with only the most powerful, and ancient eldritch magics offering some sort of protection.
- At the bottom of the Elemental Chaos, is the Abyss.
- The Parallel Planes are the Ethereal Plane, The Plane of Shadow and the Feywild
- 4e originally combined the Plane of Shadow, the Negative Energy Plane and the Ethereal Plane into one Plane, called the Shadowfell, but this is no good. They remain separate and distinct.
- The Feywild isn't really a Plane. Its areas where nature rules, out-of-phase with the rest of the world.
- The Far Realms are outside these Planes and is a dark, terrifying place...
- The gods millennia ago, defeated the primordials in a great war. Now, like the Titans of Greek myth, the primordials are either all dead, locked away, asleep or hiding.
- The primordials are natural powers; like the power of the sea, or a glacier or a volcanoe. Their servants are elementals, giants, and other non-natural things that worship gods. Djinn and their cousins also worshipped primordials. Basically, if its got an elemental origin, it was on the primordial side.
- Angels, and archons like Winky, serve all gods. That is there purpose, to serve the gods, so evil gods have angels too.
- Archons, were construct like elemental-soldiers, who fought for the primordials. Its not important.