I'm looking at lightsaber concepts, specifically using a double lightsaber and using two lightsabers. I find that a double lightsaber appears to be superior (mechanically) to using two lightsabers, meaning that two lightsabers have nothing that a double lightsaber doesn't have. So I want to know if I missed something.
- Both can be used to make multiple attacks (well, two) in a round;
- Both can have such multiple attacks penalty reduced using the same feats (Dual Weapon Mastery I, II, and III);
- Both can be used with Weapon Finesse;
- Both have the same base damage for both attacks;
- The double lightsaber does twice the STR modifier damage because it is held two-handed. At the same time, a double lightsaber is much more interesting to a character with the Power Attack feat.
Again, am I missing something?
Note: I'm talking about using two lightsabers, à la Asajj Ventress, not a lightsaber and a guard shoto.