Notices

Worldly Talk

Civil discussion and debate on real world events and issues.

Call of Duty is an 'immature' outlook on war?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson View Post
There has to be enlisted soldiers on active duty that play FPS games? Has anyone thought to ask any of them, or would that make too much sense?
Actually it would be interesting to know how many of them have actually experienced real combat. And how many soldiers who have experienced real combat enjoy playing CoD.

A friend of mine lived on a USArmy base in S. Korea for a couple weeks, and he said most of the soldiers seemed to be "fratboys playing CoD" (his words, not mine).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Lint View Post
Actually it would be interesting to know how many of them have actually experienced real combat. And how many soldiers who have experienced real combat enjoy playing CoD.
I've quit playing CoD and other FPS games. Other guys I know still play 'em.
That answers your question.

Video games are not realistic. We've actually sat there and mocked the game for getting stuff wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkWren View Post
A friend of mine lived on a USArmy base in S. Korea for a couple weeks, and he said most of the soldiers seemed to be "fratboys playing CoD" (his words, not mine).
Yeah, most privates are nineteen-year-olds.

Yes, counter strike was always one of my favorites where you pulled back on the forward assist to chamber a round when using the M-16

There are definitely plenty of soldiers that have seen combat that also play COD and other such games. Hell, there isn't much else TO do in some of the places they're posted.