A Most Desperate Hour

Old Jun 28 '12, 6:05am
Comicius Super-Villainous

A Most Desperate Hour

A Most Desperate Hour - Forum
Star Wars: Edge of the Empire
Ad Closes: Jul 13 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 6

Hello there. I'm Valiyn and I'm pleased to announce a new project to the Mythweaver community -

Star Wars
A Most Desperate Hour

This game is set during the middle of New Sith Wars (1,466 years Before the Battle of Yavin), a key but largely neglected conflict in Star Wars lore. It's a thousand year war between darkness and light that we're stuck in the center of, and it's the most bloody conflict ever fought between the Sith and the Jedi that's ever been told in all of Star Wars canon. This is the generation that sees the Republic fall into it's Dark Age - a time when many in the future don't consider the Republic to be existing at all. It is a most desperate hour for a galaxy in severe need of any heroes it can find.

To explore this rich setting, we are looking for 5-6 players to play A Most Desperate Hour. Anyone is welcome to apply, regardless of any previous experience with the Star Wars SAGA system or any familiarity with this era you have. All published Star Wars SAGA books are allowed. To make sure the game goes smoothly into the future for the long term, we have 3 talented and dedicated GMs: Valiyn (me), with BlackPhoenix and Drunva acting as co-GMs. The campaign will feature a heroic story, compelling dilemmas, widely spanning consequences of your actions, and to top it off it will be wrapped up in my art and map making skills (such as the image you see above).

Players will begin their journey at level 1 and will work their way up to becoming legends of good or ill in these dark times. The character creation rules can be found in this thread. I invite you all to come by, create a character, and roleplay with your fellow applicants in our pre-game thread here. Applications will go until the 13th of July, 2012. This gives you a little more then TWO WEEKS to get your basic character concept together and start playing with us in the pre-game before we make our final decisions.

Good luck to all who apply,
And may the Force be with you!

Game Description:

"There is no passion…there is solely obsession.
There is no knowledge. There is solely conviction.
There is no purpose. There is solely will.
There is nothing…
Only me."

-- Darth Ruin, roughly 2000 BBY

It's been FIVE CENTURIES since the Fourth Great Schism changed everything - an event marked by the fall of the revered Jedi Master Phanius into the dreaded DARTH RUIN and the 50 knights he lead into the shadows of the galaxy. His NEW SITH EMPIRE grew quickly, unchecked, and absorbed into it's folds the surviving ancient clans of Sith under it's new banner. Even after Ruin's demise, the rebirth of the Sith was complete and unstoppable.

A thousand years of peace and economic growth was slowly being shattered as this New Sith Empire continue to ascend in power. Figures like the DARK UNDERLORD ravaged the trade routes, waging a war against Republic, Jedi, Mandalorian, and native forces simultaneously before being assassinated. As the war became bloodier and bloodier with each passing year, even the once respected JEDI ORDER began to buckle under the accusations of XENOCIDE against the UBESE, turning public opinion against them. Ultimately, these SAVAGE CONFLICTS were but small skirmishes compared to what was come...

And now, hundreds of years later and bolstered by countless new allies, the Sith have given the aging conflict fresh breath. Utterly DESTROYING Republic and Jedi forces at the recent BATTLE OF MIZRA - over five hundred thousand slain and scores of jedi converting to the DARK SIDE - the crushing defeat opened up the OUTER RIM to almost uncontested Sith control. Now equal in size, the conflict between the Republic and the New Sith Empire is worsening. The Sith are only becoming more aggressive as the Republic is crumbling: corporations are failing all over Republic space, resources are running dry, criminal organizations are blossom everywhere, and the Jedi slowly fade away to either the front lines or unchecked positions of power within the Republic. It is A MOST DESPERATE HOUR for a galaxy caught in the middle of a hopeless ARMY OF LIGHT and the conquering BROTHERHOOD OF DARKNESS.

It's 1,466 BBY.......Welcome to the New Sith Wars and the beginning of the Dark Ages of the Republic.

Art and Storytelling blog!
Love this game and love these GMs! Working on a Sullustan custodian, likely with some sort of criminal/mob (retired) background that everyone knows about yet chooses to ignore.

nice. really tempted to try and get in on this one.

dangit... i just gave in. will throw one together and post it up.

I am eager to apply. Considering a droid; likely a prototype security model designed for more advanced interactions by a now bankrupt company. Droid subsequently left to its own devices (pun not intended). Unfortunately will be out of town this weekend, so will be putting in the app next week.

This sounds good the last game I applied for stalled on me. I work over nights so my posts may come in while everyone else is off at work or asleep. If that is not a problem I like the whole bloody war idea. I am thinking of either coming up with a sentinel or a soldier.

After reading more I think I may need to rethink this a little bit.

Very interesting, I think I will play something very outlandish. I'll have an app in tonight or tomorrow. I'm glad this one is out now, I was needing some SW love haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaati View Post
I'm glad this one is out now, I was needing some SW love haha.
Yea, we haven't had that many fresh Star Wars games on the weave this year. A game or two every other month, but that's not alot of new games.

I am interested as well. The last SWSE game I applied for never even had selections made. I will rework that Jedi Padawan application for this one.

Two weeks left! Step on up and make an app.

Wow, an overwhelming response and I feel already behind the power curve. No worries.

I will skip the Jedi and go something else.