No, the better of the average or your roll.
A 3.P game for 4e players
Forward - Forum
Ad Closes: Aug 31 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 5
Have you ever wanted to try out Pathfinder but could never find a game? Don't want to invest in a ton of books? Happy with your 4e game but trying to branch out? I'm just like you! I'm a die-hard 4e fan, but I always love to try new games. Even if you're just looking to get experience so you can bash it in the edition wars, come join my Pathfinder game! It will start out as RAW and we will slowly develop houserules to make our experience better. It will be a bit sandboxy with events unfolding in places the PCs are not even in. However, there will also be a good deal of crunch and combat so that we cover all aspects of the system. I will also be playing along side you.
Here are the "Big 16"
1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
Sandboxy political intrigue with a hefty amount of fighting.
3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
5 or 6, and no alternates. Readers are welcome.
4. What's the gaming medium (MW, chat, e-mail etc.)?
5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
1st, but will quickly advance to 2nd.
6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
Standard for their class. Equipment will be abstracted, ie. arrows and rations will not be tracked unless the environment calls for it (eg. a desert), so just buy a few arrows at 1st level and be done with it.
7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
Only the PFSRD is allowed.
8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
20 pt buy, max HP at first, rolled afterwords (subject to change)
10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
Yes, but alignment is determined by actions, not by a character sheet. Alignment restrictions are not in place.
11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
Use [dice][/dice] tags.
13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
Nope, but we might make some during play.
14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
You should all come from a different kingdom, of which there are 12. Backgrounds should be short, but part of the application process is describing the nation you come from in a couple paragraphs (2-3 short ones, one for architecture and style, one for daily life, one for politics and government).
15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
Hack and slash and RP.
16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
There are 12 kingdoms. There have always been 12. But perhaps there won't always be. A conflict is brewing, set in motion by a mysterious movement to create a 13th kingdom. The world will be shaken by its advance.
"The thing about quotes on the Internet is that you can never confirm their accuracy or validity."
Last edited by Zelkon; Jul 30 '12 at 12:28am..