Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

DnD3.5e: Rainbow Servant advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkaelis View Post
Is there a reason you can't qualify with Beguiler, which is a better class overall, with the same casting mechanic of knowing all spells on their list?
Beguilers tend to be chaotic aligned and you can't be chaotic to be a Rainbow Servant. Lying and manipulation are chaotic acts.

Beguilers only tend to be chaotic, and lying and manipulation are hardly unique to chaotic. However, I don't really get the feeling that you're shooting for evil either. So yeah, Beguiler doesn't really work for the concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leons1701 View Post
Beguilers only tend to be chaotic, and lying and manipulation are hardly unique to chaotic. However, I don't really get the feeling that you're shooting for evil either. So yeah, Beguiler doesn't really work for the concept.
Sorry I'm tired and not just off the ball, but out the damned circus. You're right in that I'm not shooting for evil

Oh the DM said that Rainbow Servant is 6/10 progression not 10/10 is it still a viable class? If not, what are the alternatives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnas View Post
Lying and manipulation are chaotic acts.
The greatest liars and manipulators of the Planes are devils.
They are also some of the most fanatically lawful creatures out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikul View Post
The greatest liars and manipulators of the Planes are devils.
They are also some of the most fanatically lawful creatures out there.
The evil aspect was already covered by leons in a post not too far back, in fact on this page.