Old Aug 18 '12, 5:09am
Diamond Dogs

Suicide Squad: Busted Flush

Suicide Squad: Busted Flush - Forum
Mutants and Masterminds
Estimated Members Requested: 6

Suicide Squad
Busted Flush

Calling Card"Mrs Waller." The dry crackle of the generals voice echoed form the speaker. She hadn't been expecting the call, not this late anyways. "An incident has occurred, in Arizona."

Clenching the sides of her oaken desk, Amanda Waller's eyes narrowed as the words echoed out through the room. She had been expecting them to talk of formalities, perhaps a new shipment of meta human prisoners. "What kind of incident?" Her voice was deep, husky even, and didn't betray her nerves.

"It seems that Kobra has taken over a Cadmus research lab. It's unclear how exactly they learned of the lab itself, but the attack was two fold. Exterior and interior, brutal and efficient." The General's voice was flat and even, a dry crackling sound that seemed to be a mixture of crunching gravel and sandpaper.

"Well, that is regrettable, but what does that have to do with me?" Feeling a lump form in her throat, Mrs Waller knew what the General wanted. But it wouldn't serve her here to come out and be blunt. Not yet. Despite months of planning ... it wasn't quite ready. Not yet.

A silence filled the room, as the General paused.

"Don't play dumb. Get them suited and ready. The League can't know of the labs existence, and the Black Hawks aren't equipped for this. Task Force X is being called into duty. I want them in Arizona in eight hours. You understand?" A slight rise of irritation creeped into the man's voice. It was much more serious then she had originally though.

"Yes sir. I will have them deployed within the hour." Reaching forward, her hand gently touched the disconnect button, pausing over the red glare.

"Sir? What is in the facility? What is so important?"

The words hung heavy in the air, as the General seemed to ponder the question.

"Mrs Waller, you know better then to ask."

An audible click followed, once again plunging the room into silence.

Moving her hands towards the keyboard at her desk, Amanda brought up the list of inmates. She had a short list made months ago, when the project first came under consideration. Never really expecting it to take off, at least not this quickly, she had tough decisions to make.

It was time to form the Suicide Squad.

Who Am I?Hello! I am Fell, and this is Suicide Squad: Busted Flush. Set in the newly rebooted DC Universe, Suicide Squad follows a group of six inmates of Belle Reve prison in Louisiana. Called forth into service, the inmates are offered a simple contract by the government. Serve for a period of time under the orders of Amanda Waller, and your sentence is drastically reduced.

Only, fail, and the government will disavow any knowledge of their involvement, often terminating the operatives in the process. Only the most desperate, badass, and ruthless S.O.B's can call themselves members of the Task Force X, more commonly known as The Suicide Squad.

The GameYou are Villains. Mostly. Maybe you are in prison under false accusations or are a vigilante who went one step too far. Or maybe you are just a stone cold killer who deserves to be there. Either way, you are serving at least one life sentence, if not more, in the most secure prison in the world, built to house the world most dangerous Meta Humans. For many, this is your last chance at Freedom and whatever dream of redemption, revenge, or glory still remain.

What is the tone of the game? Well, high octane action, espionage, murder, mayhem and all around villainy of course! The true tale of Anti Heroes. Similar to the Suicide Squad Comics, and the Secret Six, this game is going to almost always focus on those on the other side of the Heroes of the DC universe. What makes villains tick? Who are they beyond the masks and crime? Is there honor among thieves?

Should you still be with me, you must be asking yourself, "Now, what about the crunch?" Well, how good of you to ask!

The PL is 10. Now, characters don't have to be direct copies from the DC Universe. I am not looking for direct copies. If you want to play Deadshot, play a new on, a version created by you. Or make a new hero. I am fine with people assuming the title, power set, and even family ties with established heroes and villains. Just not the established characters themselves.

Now, about the Universe. This iteration of the DC Universe will not be in any of the Canon universes. In a world identical to the newly established "New 52" world, the game will launch. There will have never been a previous Suicide Squad. Beyond that, there are a few minor changes to the lore, but most everything else remains the same.

I can also say, that there will likely be a few powers that I may outright ban. If I feel like anything is broken or being abused, I will whip out the hammer and bring it thundering down!

ApplicationsPlease post all applications in the game forum, under the category labeled "Belle Reve Penitentiary", following the format listed in the Rap Sheet sample post. Post a unique thread for each application, with your name and alias.

Feel free to ask any questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Door View Post
Err, I had Wonder Woman kick my character's hiney, then again she is a Fire Giant.
Wonder Woman would make sense for a Fire Giant since she's really the only one who has stories right out of mythology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchslasher View Post
Wonder Woman would make sense for a Fire Giant since she's really the only one who has stories right out of mythology
Technically Aquaman does too. Atlantis ftw!

Well Technically Atlantas was mentioned in the Illiad, Which was more Drama then Mythology. It was even stated a few times at the time that Atlantas was a amalgum of smaller legends, so... Kind of...

And well... I mean Superman is Space Jesus.

Atlantis is a Myth until it's proven to be real. Zeus, Poseidon and Hera as well as sea-monsters and such were also mentioned in the Illiad. Doesn't make them any less Myth. XD

Well I was more pointing out that Atlantas was a Literary element comprised of many of mythological elements, and was largely admitted as such. It would be allot like saying 'harry potter is a myth' Well only in that its a story based on allot of other myths and mythos elements.

That was my only point.

Besides 'Myths' are kind of a odd ideal any ways. There are actually some people in Norway that still worship Odin, So they would most likely argue that he is not a 'norsk myth' One could actually call it the 'Bible myth' (And considering how much allot of bible stories seam to borrow from earlyer cultures... I'm looking at you Mesopatania. It might be fair in some sense.
_
Plato basically heard a bunch of stories in Egypt about and kind of melted them into one single story.
Kind of like the stories of Oedipus, they contain mythological elemental (The Sphinx in the case of Oedipus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturmm View Post
Check out the definition of "Myth", you'll find Harry Potter -is- a Myth.
OK...

"a traditional or legendary story, usually concerning some being or hero or event, with or without a determinable basis of fact or a natural explanation, especially one that is concerned with deities or demigods and explains some practice, rite, or phenomenon of nature."

#1: Harry potter is not part of any cultures Tradition or Legend.

#2: Harry potter has a determinable basis of fact, We know it is not true.

So by the definition of the word Myth. Harry potter is not a myth.
It is a story mad up of elements from myth.

That was kind of my point with Atlantas, Its kind of on the cusp of being a myth. Or being a story made up of elements of myth.

Another good example would be.

The sand Grail Saga. (The story of the knights of the round table and Arthurian Britannia) Is a myth.
Monty Python and the Search for the holy grail is not. (Even if it should be) It's just a story.

In fact in Academica Myth/Legend is one of those odd sets of terns that is very frustrating and like allot of other words/term has no real good definition.
Most people in Academia kind of define it as 'some one at some point considered a myth/legend to be true' No one ever considered harry potter to be true.

Which was the point of my first post. Plato didn't seam to think the story of Atlantas was true. Some one at some point most likely did.
_
Also kind of a point that most words in the English Language are in fact used completely separate from there actual definition, A slur for homosexual comes to mind, that allot of people like to go on about. "that's the British word for a cigarette" Which ignors that that's a british slang term for Cigerette. It's original meanings was from 'A bundle of sticks'
So now completly removes from its original meaning. (And now I have totally derailed my train of thought into left field)
_
On a side note.
Don't consider this a argument. I know its really hard to get what some one is doing in text. This is more of a eclectic academic exercise for me. And I'm sorry for that, Side effect of
library of congress map archive
my job I suppose.