Notices

OOC Thread

And, as it will soon be notably important to roleplaying,

1) Where is the CO right now?

2) Is her martinet of an XO co-located with her?

3) Where is the CAG?

4) And who all on this ship would you like to get training in EVA Techniques, Hull Electronics Repair, and "Field Improvised" EVA Repair Techniques? (Besides the poor, hapless Nuggets--especially Raptor Nuggets--that are available if the CO gives the go-ahead on the IC-presented plans.)

By all means, feel free to make my sheet - I'm not the greatest when it comes to using the tables and such. Coordinating with Selwyn to see what they want to do about Dragon and the Chief (and poor Joran's going to have to get used to that, being called "Chief". I'm sure he'll settle into it though, at least on duty on the hangar deck. He just might have a problem with someone calling him by his "proper" rank when he's working )

And that IC post should be, by far, the largest post I have this entire game. Establishing your character at first is always the long part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestar View Post
And, as it will soon be notably important to roleplaying,

1) Where is the CO right now?

2) Is her martinet of an XO co-located with her?

3) Where is the CAG?

4) And who all on this ship would you like to get training in EVA Techniques, Hull Electronics Repair, and "Field Improvised" EVA Repair Techniques? (Besides the poor, hapless Nuggets--especially Raptor Nuggets--that are available if the CO gives the go-ahead on the IC-presented plans.)
1) In her cabin.

2) No.

3) In his cabin, or maybe the pilot rec room.

4) Generally the province of the Repair and Maintenance Division, and hence the Chief's responsibility.

In that case,
What the hours of these shifts?
And when does the CO, on average, go "on-duty"? (Mainly so I can judge just how insanely early in the ship's day James usually wakes up; granted, he averages 3 hours of sleep a night, so he is probably awake at hours that make most of the non-Constellation crew shift, but damn. I have this really, really bad feeling I just walked James INTO the presence of the XO...which if Fenq is truly the hard-ass you are suggesting, is likely to get "entertaining".

Is there any specifc way you would like IC "documents" formatted in post?

Erik Charon
No Rank
Meleager
Posting: None

Description

Erik has been described by many to be ruggedly handsome, usually sporting a scruffy five o'clock shadow and sculpted messy hair. His light blue and grey eyes tend to draw much of people's focus as people speak to him and many have commented that he seems gaze directly through a person as he speaks.

Erik is a well spoken and cultured individual who possesses and impressive knowledge on a variety of subjects despite his apparently lack of formal education. His Caprican accent is thick enough that it seems almost practices and eloquent in its delivery, hinting towards breeding and civility well above his station.

Attributes
Agi d6
Str d4
Vit d6
Ale d6
Int d10
Wil d10

LP
Init d6 + d6
End d10 + d6
Res d6 + d10

Traits
Advanced Education D4
Cool Under Fire D4
Mathematician D4
Mechanically Inclined D4
Photographic Memory D2
Friends in Strange Places D2

Convict D6
Infamy D2
Overconfident D4
Wise-Ass D4
Lustful D4 (Fine Food and Drink)

Skills
Athletics d2
Dicipline d6
Guns d2
Influence d6
Mechanical Engineering d4
Melee Weapons d2
Perception d6
Intuition d8
Scientific Expertise d6
Mathematics d8
Technical Engineering d6
Astrogation d8

Erik has spent most of his life on Canceron working the Tillium mines and engaging in a variety of underground black marketing in the penial colonies that litter that world.

Erik was born to a middle class Caprican family that aspired to greatness that Erik had no interest in pursuing. He was often described by his teachers as having a dangerous intelligence and lack of respect that had a tendency to get him into trouble simply because he was bored with his studies.

The reason he was sent to prison appears to have been lost to history, but from the tender age of seventeen, Erik was sent to the mines of Canceron to earn his keep enough for release. Rather then simply buckle under and serve his time, Erik quickly got involved in the local black market and used his technical skills to keep himself busy and away from the mines and with access to some of life's luxuries.

Erik was not happy with just a few luxuries and his personality had angered a few of the big players in the prison and felt that he had overstayed his welcome. So at the age of twenty five he escaped from the prison, hijacked a transport and made his way from captivity.

The details of his escape are still a mystery and there appears to be a lot of confusion as to how he got past the orbiting battlestar that was engaging in maneuvers. The next time that Erik surfaced he was found two years later at a station above Picon trying to acquire fake papers.

The military police that located him put him in the brig so that they could transfer him to civilian authorities for transport back to Canceron. Late in the evening, the prison started complaining about stomach pains and when one of the guards went to check on him, attacked and killed both of the men.

His crimes now hitting a new level, a bulletin was posted across the fleet in an attempt to locate him, but so far no one has located his whereabouts.

Just a heads up.. The wifi at my work has been shut down.. Apparently people havE been using it for non work purposes.. That's going to slow me down somewhat..

That's a bummer, but real life happens.

Many thanks be to Gabriel for the OOC coordination to set up some mild 'First-Class Fueding'...and good ideas why Belar will be quite 'not-thrilled' to see Mundy. (Not that Mundy seems to be shaping up to make any friends aboard; I knew I was looking for that mix of "humorless" and "snarky"--which is why I have so many thoughts--but I didn't think it would shape up like it has.)

And since your characters may have heard about some of what happened: A little over six weeks ago in game-time, PO1 Mundy managed to get permission from the Powers-That-Be on Echidna Base to "fully test" the Viper Mark 7's Electronic Security--mainly for any vulnerabilities in telemetry and communications--through trying to hack the pair of Vipers from a mobile platform. (A Raptor sitting well out of the Vipers' flight path, in this case.) The end result was two freaked-out pilots, two Vipers performing high-g maneuvers that pushed their pilots' g-tolerances, no useable telemetry and a very irate PO1 whose boss failed to inform him of the tests. Two days later, Mundy was transferred to Fenris and Belar got an Official Reprimand from the Echidna Base XO for 'Unprofessional Conduct'.

Make of Mundy's action what you will and then please share with me;I am going for "old school professional with superiority issues" (i.e., comes across as a prick expert if you don't read his thoughts, and a smartass if you do), but your reactions will be greatly appreciated...and help me refine this guy.