The Questions Thread

The Questions Thread

Answer a question, ask another to another character. QUESTIONS MUST BE ANSWERED IN THE VOICE OF THE CHARACTER.

I'll start.

Willem:
We know you are a family man, but do you worry that your chosen lot in life could mean problems for your family? Careers like yours often create enemies who would have no problem going after your family. How can you protect them when you're not there?

Gwen:
Are you close to your grandparents? Do you bear any resentment for your parents (specifically your mother) essentially abandoning you?

Gene:
Do you have any idea why Sasha was taken? Have you found any leads as to what's happened to him?

"I wish I did. The people who did this seem to believe I know exactly who they are and where they want me to go. The problem is, I have no clue. I can only assume they're expecting me to remember something that was in my childhood. It's possible they don't know my memories of that time period are gone. I don't have any leads, but that's why I'm traveling now. I need to find something to point the way."

-

Everyone:
What is your favorite time of the day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicsFan View Post
Gwen:
Are you close to your grandparents? Do you bear any resentment for your parents (specifically your mother) essentially abandoning you?
"Of course I'm close to my grandparents! They raised me, after all. They didn't have to. They're older, my mother was one of their youngest, and a lot of farms around here will take in orphans, letting them work in exchange for room and board. But they took good care of me. But Grandma Esther treats me like her own daughter. We're very close, as close as anyone is to their parents, I reckon."

"My parents... heh. I suppose I don't really resent them... I might resent them more if they made me follow them from village to village. It was maddening, not hearing the wind on the farm as a child, can you imagine trying to hear it among all those instruments?! No, I'm grateful my mother took me to her parents. She's not the mothering type, she and Father would rather stay up at all hours, drinking wine and playing their music. I wish them all the best. It's just not a life I envy."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Guardian 7 View Post
Everyone:

"The evening, of course! The wind spirits travel in part because the sun has warmed the earth enough to make the winds move. The wind spirits are at their most reckless in the evening, then. I would always rise early and try to finish my chores as soon as possible, so I could sit on the roof and listen to the winds. Some would come from halfway across the continent! They always carry the most interesting news."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone:
We all carry a few pieces of non-mundane equipment. How did we all come to possess these magic items?

Everyone:
We all carry a few pieces of non-mundane equipment. How did we all come to possess these magic items?

"I have three items that evidently are magical, though I have no way to tell for sure. I can only guess that they are from how they make me feel. This dagger was given to me by Sasha when he first brought me back to town. This armor was a gift from Malcolm, the member of the watch I mentioned earlier. And the casque... that was from a group of sailors that brought it back when they returned from their trip. Sasha and I had helped with repairing their ship when they were short on hands, so they brought us each back something."

Quote:
Everyone:
"Ale time o'corse! Ehts like teh elfs 'Tea Time'. Beht whetout all dhat sissy tea!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Rudo View Post
Everyone:
"Teh Hammer was forged by meh fahter's fahter. Imbued whet teh ancient magicks eht is. Sets upon meh foe whet meh burnin' foory. Teh Armor? Well, dhat wa' prah'vided by teh Erth 'erself."

Everyone:
"Wehts yer fav'rit chil'ood mem'ry?"

Everyone:
"Wehts yer fav'rit chil'ood mem'ry?"

"I... I don't know, if you're asking about my earliest years. I can't remember them. But if you mean in general... it was opening my eyes for the first time I could remember. Because when I did, I saw Sasha for the first time. He was watching me with concern, but when he saw me awake... The smile that lit his face was the most wonderful thing. Even though I knew nothing of myself, someone truly cared about me. And I treasure that."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicsFan View Post
Willem:
We know you are a family man, but do you worry that your chosen lot in life could mean problems for your family? Careers like yours often create enemies who would have no problem going after your family. How can you protect them when you're not there?
"Every damn day."

"But the thing is - there's a lot of crap in this world, and whether it's some orc looking for revenge 'cause I split his brother in two, or some random necromancer decides to start his rule over my stretch of land - evil is going to happen, whether I'm home or not. Maybe it's on my farm, maybe it's on someone else's. And the world needs good folk to kick evil in the teeth before it harms the innocent."

"So I choose not to wait, 'cause I'm one of the few brave enough to do the kicking."

Q for Everyone (who hasn't)
"Do you want to start your own family one day?"

Quote:
Everyone:
"That half second after you wake up, before you open your eyes, when I still think Maryam is beside me, and my kids are about to jump on my bed..."

To Baggrin:
"What dwarf stereotype would you like to break?"