Notices

The Questions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Rudo View Post
Everyone:
We all carry a few pieces of non-mundane equipment. How did we all come to possess these magic items?
"The only one I choose to speak of is the Firebox - named for some wizard named Aldron I never met. Did a campaign through the Chilliwach Swamp a few years back - four months in frigid, stale, bog. Not a lick of burnable wood; lemmee tell you - iron rations ain't so crunchy in that sort of dampness."

"We happened upon some witch's hut - she was terrorizing the smallfolk of the area with curses and that lot. Offed her head, and found this thing under her cauldron; even all those years in the swamp, she couldn't find burnable wood either."

"For Gene:"

"You ever give up hope?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phuse View Post
Everyone:
"Wehts yer fav'rit chil'ood mem'ry?"
"Does it have to be my childhood?"

"Meh, no matter. It's not particularly happy or sad - but no thought takes me home to my folk's hearth like the though of Dad's grunt when he decides to get out of his chair and tend to some chore or another. Resolute and dutiful, but not quite eager to leave watching us kids play with whatever blocks he had carved this time."

"For Gwen:"

"Do you think a mortal can ever truly know nature?"

Q for Everyone (who hasn't)
"Do you want to start your own family one day?"

"I've never really thought about it. There's a lot of happy families in my town, and I'm glad they have each other. But I've been happy with my life so far even though I've only been with Sasha. I consider him a brother of sorts, so in a way, he's my family. I wouldn't mind adding to it, but at the same time, it's not a large wish of mine or anything."

"For Gene:"

"You ever give up hope?"

"Never. They have no reason to kill Sasha. I'm sure he is alive, and that I will find him. I just wish I could be quicker. There are times when I'm depressed from having no luck, but I've never given up."

-

Baggrin:
If offered a chance to bring back your brother and friends, would you pursue it?

Gwen:
What emotions does the wind stir within you?

Tosun:
Do you want to meet the children you saved again?

Willem:
How old are your children, and how many of those years did you get to spend with them?

Quote:
Everyone:
"...pardon...? ...oh! Sorry. You're accent. I love it. Well, if I must choose one, it was the first time I met my parents. They are members of Sehanine's Monsters, you may have heard of them... a traveling troupe of elven troubadours, holding concerts of music and dance and illusion to celebrate the union of Corellon and Sehanine. It is exciting, riveting, beautiful and refined while carnal and passionate... everyone's parents hate it, but the young people always try to attend. I was very small when I followed my older cousins there. It was... terrifying, but exhilarating. Men in masks, women in elaborate costumes, music I've never heard before... and on center stage was a tall, handsome elven man playing a mandolin. We locked eyes, and... I knew. I just knew. He smiled... he always seemed to know when he stumbled across one of his many, many children. Though we never grew close, right then, he felt like a god."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer Gig View Post
"As strange as this might be, for a maiden of marrying age... the thought rarely crosses my mind. I am a servant of the earth, walking where the wind leads me. I cannot imagine doing so with child. While my mother traveled her own path as well, she could leave me with my grandmother... my mother still travels, she could not take care of a grandchild as her mother had before her. Perhaps, one day, the spirits will bless me with a child. But until that day, my focus is wholly on the earth."

Quote:
"For Gwen:"

"Do you think a mortal can ever truly know nature?"[/b]
"Perhaps... I know I am not there, and I am uncertain any others are, though. Humans, and elves and dwarves and other sentient beings, we were not created the same as beasts and plants. The gods created us, for better or for worse, when they pressed their influence onto this plane. Perhaps that will always prevent us from being at one with nature. But we can attain a deep knowledge, even if we will always be outsiders looking in."

"I believe many otherwise good people think that knowing nature is the goal only of the fey-born races or mad people who dance naked beneath the full moon on autumn nights. It's not. Though, truly, everyone should dance naked beneath the full moon on an autumn night once in their lives. It's very bracing. For instance, a farmer is in their right to chop down trees and grow their crops. But they should do while planting other vegetation for the wildlife to feed on, rotating crops to replenish the soil, and avoiding the use of powders and toxins that poison the soil. Likewise, a hunter is in their right to kill an animal for food, bone and pelt. But they should thank the spirit of the animal, and only hunt based on need, not glory. We might not truly know nature, but I try to help people to live in harmony with nature."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Guardian 7 View Post
Gwen:
What emotions does the wind stir within you?

"Oh... I couldn't even begin to describe them all. Most people think of the wind as just that, a singlular thing, perhaps one spirit. No. Every wind is a spirit screaming across the land. Each one brings their own feelings and emotions and sights and sounds and smells. The northern winds are cold and bitter and lonely, but there is a serenity in their solitude. From the east there's a spiciness... I've never been that far. I want to see what's there. At the base of Wyvern Mountain, there is bread and cinnamon and woodsmoke, and the sounds of a lazy morning as people slowly rise from their beds. The ones from home the Hale Valley... those are the most familiar. They make me homesick, but in a good way. They remind me I have a home to return to when this is all over."

Willem:
You don't see many old... er adventurers, especially not ones willing to climb a mountain. What was your favorite adventure in your youth?

Baggrin:
Forgive me, but most dwarfs are not as connected to nature as you are. They live their lives surrounded by stone and steel. How was it that you first became aware of your connection to the earth?

Gene:
I am sorry to hear your life has been so hard and unusual. Gods forbid, should your friend no longer be alive... what are you willing to do to put his spirit at ease?

Tosun:
Oh, my... I don't think I've ever seen a man who looks like you before. Tell me, in summary, about your people.

Quote:
Willem:
You don't see many old... er adventurers, especially not ones willing to climb a mountain. What was your favorite adventure in your youth?
"Old? Old? I've seen a few winters, sure, but my youth ain't that long ago. Well... yeah, to be fair, I've lived more of my life carrying sword and shield than I did chasing pigs on my father's farm, but I'm hardly what I'd call old."

"But a hard life ages you quickly, so I don't blame you for the thought."

"I'm not sure I could name a favorite adventure. The question implies them being enjoyable, but that's not why I carry this sword. But satisfying? I could name a satisfying one. The Wellingwitch campaign. Tracked this witch across four townships, all the while as she brought children under her musical sway. Damned crone tried to use the children as shields, hoping - knowing - I wouldn't strike them to get at her. Then she got overconfident, and tried her spell on me, to get me to sing along. If you prefer to not hear nails on slate, I suggest not getting me to sing. Short version though, it broke her concentration, the kids fled from her side, and my steel split her belly to breast."

"For Tosun: I hope not a difficult question, but one often misused by fanatics - does the end justify the means in your eyes?"

Quote:
Willem:
How old are your children, and how many of those years did you get to spend with them?
"Annalynn is six, and has had me in the house every spring and summer, but I've been on campaign three of her winters. Bodie is almost two, and this is the first time I've had to leave him with his mother and sister. In their future, I would love nothing more than to sit by the hearth with them and their yet-unborn sibling each winter from now on, but duty is a harsh mistress as they say, and all men must sacrifice to ensure their children's dreams have a chance."

"To anyone willing to share: any lost loves?"

Tosun Answers the questions and asks one.

Quote:
Tosun:
Oh, my... I don't think I've ever seen a man who looks like you before. Tell me, in summary, about your people.
"Hmmm in summary, yes, let me see how that would work out. I don't think you can summarise a whole people. We are a proud people, proud of our fight against evil. We are an old people, we have seen the past and continue to exist with it. We are an honourable people, we stand on our word. But you are right you would not have seen the likes of my people we exist many many leagues away past mighty mountains and rapid rivers, I would not have known the likes of your people had not by evil chance I stubble upon the innocent souls of the human children."

Quote:
Tosun:
Do you want to meet the children you saved again?
"Ofcourse, they are the reason why my life has purpose today."

Quote:
Everyone:
"My memories span generations dwarf. For which one of my childhood memories would you like me to quote on?"

Quote:
Smiles. "Who would not, but first I need to make this place safe for a family."

Quote:
Everyone:
What is your favorite time of the day?
"Just before dawn, when I know from now on the day will only be brighter."

Quote:
"For Tosun: I hope not a difficult question, but one often misused by fanatics - does the end justify the means in your eyes?"[/b]
"The ends never justify the means they only make them matter."

Quote:
Everyone:
We all carry a few pieces of non-mundane equipment. How did we all come to possess these magic items?
"My Bracers, my sword, my armour. All given to me before I headed to the out-world, so I could return them upon my safe return.

Bracers from my father for strength in combat. The sword, by his father so I can stand even when I should not. The Armour by our people's holy word bearer, so no-one can alter my mind but those that are good."

QUESTION FOR EVERYONE:
Now I shall ask a question for all of you in this council. What is good in life?

Quote:
"Ehvry gehd Dwarf starts uh famly. Beht are famlies are much bigger tan oomans. Are clan be are famly."

Quote:
To Baggrin:
"What dwarf stereotype would you like to break?"
"We Dwarfs arn has stub'ern has mos' peple tend teh make us oot teh beh. Wer act'lly quite pashent. Hafta beh when ya live so long, eh?"

Quote:
Baggrin:
If offered a chance to bring back your brother and friends, would you pursue it?

"Dhat's a ery deep qeston...Eh wood s'pose dhat Eh wood not....dho dhere life was stolen from dhem ehnd cut shert. Dhey are inna b'tter place nohw. So, Neh. I 'lieve dhey are appier nohw."

Quote:
Baggrin:
Forgive me, but most dwarfs are not as connected to nature as you are. They live their lives surrounded by stone and steel. How was it that you first became aware of your connection to the earth?
"Mehst Dwarfs are connected to teh Erth. Weh did come frehm teh stones hafter all... Eh just seem to ben'fit frehm uh deeper con'ection wit are Mutter Goddess. Eht all sterted in dhat clearin'. When teh Mutter Goddess saw fit teh spare meh, strehkin' down dhat orc.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBursch View Post
QUESTION FOR EVERYONE:
Now I shall ask a question for all of you in this council. What is good in life?
"Tree wherds. Frehnds. Famly. And..Ale! O'corse, what were ya 'specting?"

Gene:
I am sorry to hear your life has been so hard and unusual. Gods forbid, should your friend no longer be alive... what are you willing to do to put his spirit at ease?

"What am I willing to do? Whatever it would take. Even if it meant my own death to join him in the afterlife, I'd do that. I'm just glad that shouldn't be something I have to seriously consider."

"To anyone willing to share: any lost loves?"

"Do you mean loved ones who are dead? No, I can't say so. If there was anyone I was close to who died, it happened in a time that I can't remember."

QUESTION FOR EVERYONE:

"Freedom. Like... traveling, and knowing you can go anywhere you want. Feeling the wind and following it whichever way it goes. Being alongside someone you trust to share those experiences. ...There's more, but those come to mind first."

-

Everyone:
Why do you wear what you usually do?

"What is good in life? That's a mighty open question, there. My wife. My kids. Laughter and love. A fresh loaf of cranberry-banana bread. I talk about doing good in the world; I talk about taking the fight to evil - but good? evil? Hard things to put into words, even though these old bones know good and know evil when they're pressed into service."

"My clothes? You want to know about my fashion sense now? We're a strange bunch here I guess... I'm a father, a farmer, and a soldier. Most times I'm covered in spit-up, dirt, or blood; I wear what's practical for the job at hand. Boots, breeches, tunic - overcoat if its wet, windy, or cold. I'm not much for ornamentation, silks, or velvets."

"So... now that we're getting into the esoteric questions... are you a mug half-empty, or a mug half-full kind of person?"