It's play by post, and I'm sure everyone is familiar with how to play in a PBP game. However, there are a couple of things that I prefer as a GM that I find makes it easier on all involved when playing.
1. It is PBP, which means that this is a story. Please use correct sentence structure, proper grammar and punctuation, etc. in your posts. Anybody should be able to start reading anywhere and get an idea for what is going on.
2. There will be several game threads and an OOC thread. Please try to keep OOC comments in the OOC thread.
3. As this is a story, please try to write in the 3rd person. I hate having to remind people of that, but if I don't there will invariably be one person that doesn't, and I'm just trying to cover all the bases.
4. All normal, non-thought/non-speech text should be in black un-bolded and non-italicized. An example is what you are reading right now.
5. All speech should be enclosed in quotation marks and be in black and bolded (but not italicized). An example would be "Holy cow, man - did you see how far he flew?"
6. All thoughts should be black and be italicized (but not bolded). An example would be I hope this game gets off the ground and goes somewhere!
7. I am hoping everyone can post no less than 1 time per week. As the GM, I will post as often as necessary to keep the game moving along, but I will never go more than 7 days between GM posts. If you are unlucky enough to not post within 7 days of my last GM post, I'm going to ask why. If you go 14 days without posting...well, your spot will get filled by someone else.
8. All dice rolls should be at the bottom of your post in spoiler tags. Like so:
I would also ask that if you have bonuses to please spell them out explicitly as there may be times that you have a bonus that will not apply, and it makes it easier on me to subtract that when looking at your dice roll. And finally...
9. We are using the critical hit and fumble tables from the skills and powers books UNLESS THE MAJORITY SAYS OTHERWISE. This means that if you roll a natural 20 or a natural 1, please include the dice rolls for the critical hit or fumble. If you are unsure what dice you need to roll, please let me know and we'll look it up and figure it out together.