Worldly Talk

Civil discussion and debate on real world events and issues.


Naked Muhammad (now there's a catchy title)

   
Depending on the person, that may be the point. Provoke an attack from Islamic extremists to make the whole religion look bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silveroak View Post
Depending on the person, that may be the point. Provoke an attack from Islamic extremists to make the whole religion look bad.
Causing the deaths of innocents to make something look bad... makes the instigator look worse. Is this was humanity has become? Trying to get Group A to hurt Group B, just to make Group A look bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wippit Guud View Post
Causing the deaths of innocents to make something look bad... makes the instigator look worse. Is this was humanity has become? Trying to get Group A to hurt Group B, just to make Group A look bad?
No... Just no. The people who actually physically murdered other people are worse. Always. Mouthing off may be a bad idea if you know it's going to make a bad situation worse, but it NEVER compares to murder and rape of ANYONE.

I don't any part of the rest of this conversation, but I had to say this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wippit Guud View Post
I'm not suggesting people have their freedoms denied.

But if you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that what you are about to do will cause violence, what kind of person are you that you'll do it anyway?
So now we're putting the blame on the cartoonists rather than on the muslims who kill people and burn embassies? Do you really think muslims are aggressive animals that can't help but throw tantrums when offended in the same way a hungry lion can't help but attack an uncatious human and that we must adapt our behaviour in the same way we must adapt our behaviour to the presence of a beast? Are you implying that, for some reason, muslims are not rational enough to carry responsibility for their own actions?

If you have any respect for muslims, you'd let them bear responsibility for their own acts and not treat them like wild predators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silveroak View Post
Sorry, not gonna happen. Certainly I am against advocating the extermination of nationalities, or religions, but child molesters? <language=dahlek>EXTERMINATE!</language>
And those who target civilians and embasies for death and violence ti make a social or political point (or editorial), they also go on my death list.
You don't get the point. The point was;
The influx of muslims to the west threaten extinction to the host.
Quote:
Originally Posted by canjowolf View Post
Well that and the fact that not every negative portrayal of Muhammad or Islam leads to violent protests.
So just because of one silly religion with indeterminable "truth" and unobservable claims regarding sky wizards, the rest of the world should yield?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secutor View Post
You don't get the point. The point was;
The influx of muslims to the west threaten extinction to the host.
What's the conclusion that you intend to follow from this claim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedronai View Post
What's the conclusion that you intend to follow from this claim?
You will be outbred and outnumbered in a few generations unless you close your borders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secutor View Post
So just because of one silly religion with indeterminable "truth" and unobservable claims regarding sky wizards, the rest of the world should yield?
????. I was saying that not every negative portrayal of Islam leads to violence. This was in response to the killer bees line of reasoning.

This thread seemed to get stupid very suddenly and it looks like it happened about here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secutor View Post
Well, extermination can come from different forms. Migrating to a country and out breeding the local populace would yield the same result as extermination through war. Not say I advocate the extinction of a sub race, but you gotta notice muslims to western europe and then demanding their subjective beliefs to be treated as if it's the ultimate truth that even governments and nations with a different belief should obey them.

sharia law isn't cool, guys.





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Blog   Myth-Weavers Status