The Rod of Seven Parts

Old Oct 1 '12, 4:43am
[insert witticism here]

The Rod of Seven Parts

The Rod of Seven Parts - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons (AD&D) and clones - Forgotten Realms
Ad Closes: Oct 14 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 5

Come one, come all! An campaign of epic proportions, with the ultimate goal of finding the most fabled of all artifacts - the Rod of Seven Parts - is now accepting applications for would-be cannon fodder orc-bait battlefield paint adventurers!

Yes, this campaign will eventually culminate with the grand campaign the Rod of Seven Parts, but it will not start there. The Forgotten Realms are large, and adventure and wonder can strike anyone at any time from anywhere. Even right there behind you!

Seriously though, applications are being accepted for a group to start low and aim high. Seems simple enough: start at 1st level, travel throughout the Realms, battle evil, solve mysteries, make a name for yourself, get noticed by the gods, find a legendary artifact, kill a legendary foe...well, let's just start with 1st level, travel, and trying to battle evil, shall we?

Applications for characters are to be placed in THIS FOLDER.
All the applicable rules for the campaign, to include character creation, can be found in THIS FOLDER.

Applications will be accepted until the end of the day (11:59 PM PDT) on October 13, 2012, with the selected party being notified no later than the end of the day (11:59 PM PDT) October 15, 2012.

So please - if you are interested, apply. Who knows - you may get lucky enough to be the one who holds the completed Rod at some point in your career...

Game Description:

In a time long ago, war raged across the cosmos between the force of Law and Chaos. Though the armies of the Queen of Chaos won most of the battles, they were forced to withdraw after their great general, Miska the Wolf Spider, was defeated and imprisoned by the Wind Dukes of Aaqa. The Wind Dukes created the Rod of Seven Parts to slay Miska. Unfortunately, the artifact merely wounded him and was itself shattered in the process. In the centuries since the final battle, the queen has scoured the multiverse, looking for the Rod. If reassembled, the Rod could slay Miska, but it also holds the key to healing his wound and releasing him from his eternal imprisonment.

Champion, Myth-Weavers 2013 Fantasy Football League
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonizio View Post
Good luck rolling the needed stats for bladesinger. (str13, dex15, con13, Int15, Wis3, Cha8) + (being specialized wizard: Wis16[diviner] OR Cha16[enchanter] only two open for elf)

well.. they make being bladesinger pretty hard to comeby....
well with 18 16 13 15 15 15 i think i can pull it off mate though i would have to be a Wild Elf so i dont lose con(think they get to keep con, one of the sub races do)

I remember there was a kit from myth dranor that allowed you to play a wizard that specialized in opposition schools. He could only cast those two schools, had to look around for it but miight try that.

So as a multi-classed wizard you say i have to choose another opposition school, i can choose any one to add?

With you forcing wizards to specialize i assume you have dropped the racial requirements then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathgon View Post
well with 18 16 13 15 15 15 i think i can pull it off mate though i would have to be a Wild Elf so i dont lose con(think they get to keep con, one of the sub races do)

I remember there was a kit from myth dranor that allowed you to play a wizard that specialized in opposition schools. He could only cast those two schools, had to look around for it but miight try that.

So as a multi-classed wizard you say i have to choose another opposition school, i can choose any one to add?

With you forcing wizards to specialize i assume you have dropped the racial requirements then?
Yes, you get to choose the additional school. And I have to review racial requirements again to make that call. Been a while since I've been asked that question.

OK well am looking at alteration to specialize in. But if you don't remove racial limitation demi humans will be hard pressed. With your changes already you have made playing them harder and balanced things out a bit IMO but have a read and get back to us if any of them have been removed.

Ok, I've read through like 5 schools of magic, and the racial requirements? They suck. They whole-heartedly, undeniably, and unquestionably suck. So I'm not going to impose racial requirements on magic schools. I mean, why is it that Elves, who are supposed to be one with magic to begin with, get boned on schools?

I will admit that it's not supposed to be easy to be multi-classed, and the limitations I impose on demihumans is for balance. I mean, without some limitations there becomes no reason to be a human. But at some point things get too out of hand, and the racial requirements just went out the window.

Yep they do. I agree with you boning demi humans as you are too right, only reason we every were human was to dual class.

what about racial level limits? do you stop them or charge them x2 exp to continue on past them. There was a optional rule that allowed you to advance past limit based on your prime stat of class.

Also do you consider Wis to the Prime stat for psionicists or all 3 stats. In various places in the book it does stat Wis is their prime, so if i wanted to make a dual fighter/psionicist would i need 17 Wis or 17 in Con Int and Wis? Already psionics are very stat driven i find.

Racial level limits do not exist. I find it stupid and tacky that just because you are a dwarf you can't possibly attain a higher level of expertise as a warrior than a human. Poppycock.

And per The Complete Psionics Handbook, page 8, the Prime Requisites for Psionicists are CON and WIS. The minimum requirements for a Psionicist are CON 11, INT 12, WIS 15. So to answer your question, you would need to not only meet the minimum requirements to become a psionicist, but you would also need to meet the requirements to be a fighter/psionicist.

We are talking about multi-classing here, right? Because dual-classing is not allowed, and with multi-classing only Halflings and Dwarves may be multi-classed psionicists.

You might want to add Pixie into your house-rule wossnames as a not allowed, given they get polymorph and invisibility at will.

I've actually thought about that. And it's going to happen. There's already been one character created using it, so that character is allowed for consideration. No other attempts to use Pixie will be allowed.