Night Angels: From the Ashes

Old Oct 6 '12, 1:45pm
Resident Pyromaniac

Night Angels: From the Ashes

Night Angels: From the Ashes - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 4

I had an idea whilst discussing one of my favorite series for a game. As I am wont to do, I've embroidered on it a bit, and now I just need some players to give it that spark of life.

Warning: This game is going to be dangerous in the extreme. I don't DM with gloves on ever, and this world is a dangerous one. If you are faint of heart, this might not be the game for you.

[fieldset= Character Generation]Level: 8th (27,000 xp)
Stats: 36 Point Buy
Health: Max until 8th, rolled thereafter.
Wealth: 27000 gp
Flaws/Traits: No
Feats: 1 bonus feat at first level.
Races: You must ask, and provide reasoning, for any non-human race. Midcyru is a human society.
Alignment: Trustworthy. The High King has put his trust in you. He wouldn't trust someone obviously Evil.

Class Options: Tome of Battle
Warlock
Beguiler
Warmage
Favored Soul
Spirit Shaman
Shujenga
Duskblade
Rogue/Swashbuckler
Fighter/Knight
Fighter/Swashbuckler
Ranger/Scout
Monk/Swashbuckler
Sorceror
Bard
Barbarian

Game Description:

The events of the Night Angel trilogy took place over sixty years ago. A new High King, Brandon Gyre, grandson of Logan Gyre, was crowned earlier this year. The past few decades have been prosperous ones. However, recent events have the new king worried for his people. He has gathered a small group of elite people to combat these threats. Will they succeed?

Last edited by Techwarrior; Oct 15 '12 at 12:04am..
I would really love to know why we are stuck wiht the icky favored soul -_- haha,

would you maybe advise on if you would allow a madien of pain prc from Players guide to faerun pg 183

Sorry, I don't have PGtF, so can't ok it.

A tower shield cannot be used to bash, even two handed.

As has been pointed out, magic in this setting would not function as a prepared thing very well, so I had to scrap prepared casters. FvS was the only spontaneous Cleric caster I could find.

Hmmm.. Yes. I'll allow a Favored Soul to select one Cleric domain, and at the cost of a feat, they can get access to a second domain. Their Domain Spells will be added to their Spells known.

One last question, are we allowed at all to pick a variant of one of the classes that are gesalted or do we have to keep them pure as written.

Do you mean can you take ACFs for your Gestalt classes? If so, yes, for all classes. Though you have to run specific ACFs by me.

Do halflings count as midget humans?

Rangers varient wildshape

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/UA:Ranger_Variant

Am not saying it is my full choice, but one of the PRC's I am looking at is Lion of Tisdal from Exalted

I'm conflicted.

I like the promise of a truly deadly game. I keep killing off my players and watching that has made me miss the "good ol' days" when I was the one who actually had to worry for my character's survival.

I'm not too sure about the rest of the setup. Can I have more of an idea of what you plan to do with this game? A portion of the story path- diplo game, explore dungeons game, get involved in all out wars game?

Also, leaning toward either shegunja or spirit shaman. Elementalist of some breed.

Not 100% sure about this because I don't actually own a copy of the PHB anymore (gave it to one of my friends a few years back along with all my 4e books) but isn't minimum experience for level 8 28,000xp? Only asking to make sure we're supposed to be level 8 =]