Kundalini ("Dark Times" Epic Game)

Old Sep 30 '12, 11:46pm
Young Dragon

Kundalini ("Dark Times" Epic Game)

STAR WARS: KUNDALINI - Forum
Star Wars Saga - Force Unleashed
Ad Closes: Oct 20 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 8

Star Wars: Kundalini begins on Yavin-4, where our heroes have gathered at the Lost City of the Jedi. There, the Jedi Remnants prepare a daunting journey to the Unknown Regions. Qon Pilat, Master of the Hidden Order, has enlisted a band of (mostly) Force-sensitive pirates called the Spiral Corsairs to help them reach their destination. Envoys from their flagship, the Hapan Battle Dragon "Spiral Dancer", have landed in the city where they will meet the Jedi and their allies to discuss the journey.

All the while, an ominous score plays in the moon's orbit...

UPDATE! The game is looking for 6-8 players and applications are wrapping up on the 15th.

Game Master(s): Doten, Blakkmonk

Gameplay: 40% Roleplay 60% Mechanics (But honestly, expect this to be a bit more fluid and alot of RP to take place in between active episodes)

Everyone will be expected to post once a week minimum to stay in the game, but we will decide the pace of actual gameplay posting as a community; once players are chosen.

Mood: T'is an era rich with the Dark Side and expect a healthy dose of grit. The in-game effect is that Dark Side Points will be harder to get rid of, once accumulated.

Character Creation: All materials may be considered, so long as they are era - appropriate. Keep in mind the xenophobia of the Dark Times. Starting CL will be 4 & hold off on the character sheets until after the application process. You will begin play as a Jedi, ally of the Hidden Order, or a Spiral Corsair (more info on these choices below).

Restrictions: There will be a maximum of three Jedi "padawans" in this campaign (I.e. characters with actual classes in Jedi or lightsaber proficiency), though Force sensitives from other traditions are welcome, Spiral Corsairs and non-Force classes are encouraged! There will be a lot of incentive and action for the latter, so don't be discouraged by those overabundant Jedi.

Application (posted here) should include...

Name, Age, Class, Race, Personality, Appearance, & Background. Quality is valued over quantity!

If you have any questions feel free to ask or PM.

Game Description:

STAR WARS: KUNDALINI

- The year is 9 BBY -

Dark times are upon us, friend. The Emperor has taken control of the galaxy, swiftly annihilating any opposition with the help of his right hand and iron fist, Darth Vader. In this era, the Jedi have been destroyed. Pan-galactic testing has begun under the thumb of the relentless Imperial Security Bureau, rooting out Force sensitives for capture and elimination. And having seen the consequences of rebelling, worlds-over are bending knee to the Empire.

Even still, hope lingers like a stubborn flame... On Yavin-4, a Knight and his allies breathe life into a dead Order. Hidden below the Moon's surface, the Lost City of the Jedi has become a refuge for the next generation. This is where your adventure begins.

*SW:KUN is intended to be a long campaign. And though it may technically be an abridged universe, I hope to steer this space opera alongside the canon. Everything before 9 BBY is considered static. Happy gaming-

Last edited by Doten; Oct 10 '12 at 9:49pm..
I think the other game I'm in may have petered out before it even began, At the very least no word in days. However I still like my character. So I'll adjust the mechanics under the hood to fit.

Alright, folks. Great submissions. Be mindful of other players and the roles they have chosen!

For those of you who have chosen to multiclass, take a step back and ask yourself if your character leans more toward one class than the other and if so, are two classes really necessary? With that said, multiclassing is welcome provided it adds originality to your character and helps define their place in the party. Even better would be to declare this, as alana has done.

The same goes for Jedi and their talents/powers. After the players have been chosen for SW:KUN, work with each other to diversify and balance your strengths.

I'm thankful for the work you lot have put into these applications and look forward to the game. (& a happy belated Canadian Thanksgiving - where I was all last weekend)

UPDATE! Applications will be closing October 15th.

@egnuol - Huzzah! Someone else applying as a non-human! (Sorry LJ, Sotisites don't really count for the appearances/dealing with the Empire stuff).

Getting down to the wire, folks. Hope everyone is still alive & ready for some Star Wars space opera-ism ; I will be announcing which players have been chosen 1:00 AM (Toronto EST.) and PMing each of you with details about character creation.

@GabrielLong: You too sir.