Notices

A different sort of L5r!

Old Oct 4 '12, 5:10pm
Great Wyrm

A different sort of L5r!

For Whom the Atolls - Forum
Legend of the Five Rings 3e
Estimated Members Requested: 5

So, I had planned to have this be at least a "semi" private game, but as it turns out I would like some more people. You lovely M-W people to join!

This, in the long run, will likely not be Par for the Course as far as l5r games. But in the end, it will be a lot of what the players make of it.

A Court-like setting is where the game will begin, but it is not likely to be a court heavy game. For now, it is basic character creation

Please ask any questions you may have!

Game Description:

As the first scenes are set, the light of the sun falls on Iron Turtle City. As of recently times have Interesting, and some would call interesting times a curse. At the end of the last season Iweko Seiken, Heir Apparent of the Emerald Empire had nearly been lost at sea. There are many rumors around as to what happened exactly, but they mostly agree that he was rescued by the Mantis, and brought into the safety of Iron Turtle City.

Since then the great Empress Iweko I 'asked' for a volunteer force to replace those lost in the missing ships. The heir and his ships were seeking to reinforce the colonies with an extra force organized by Shosuro Kai, seeking to show unified support of the empire to those so far away fighting and dying in new lands attempting to build civilization amongst the ruins of the gaijin hordes. However, so far as it is known all seventeen ships were lost including all the materials and samurai aboard.

The Ship works have been in overdrive, producing the highest quality ships to field a second attempt, not to let the previous losses go forgotten and their goal set aside. The request from the empress was that every Family send at least one representative, be they a Great family, Vassal, or even ronin order. Rumor has it that an Imperial vessel is on its way to the city now, and from all the setup one could almost suppose that the winter imperial court was to be here, if it were winter of course rather than starting into summer.

Is this game still open to new applications?

Yes, Maybe, and In Starting packages perhaps?

Also manythings might find themselves available in Iron Turtle City. Merchants from all the clans will be there before you leave, trainers of all sorts, representitves of all clans, factions, families by the end of it.

Just wondering, how firm are we sticking to current canon? Any chance a Nezumi could come along for the trip? The Mantis and Crab use(d) Nezumi sailors, and the ones who did it were quite good at bouncing around the rigging as well as being adventurous.

Usually I am the type to say yes right away to a concept like that. For what is to come... I am unsure that it would work out well. Also I don't have the resource they were in. If you can give me a full write up of the character systemically (What they can do from race + school) I can say I will consider it.

To avoid a massive wall of text I've sent you info through private message. Hope to hear back from you soon.