Non Sequitur

A place for light-hearted forum games and other threads that don't promote discussion.

What is the origin of your username?

Hi all,

As someone who started playing DnD in 1979, and who pretty much learns something new everyday, I figure that makes me a Noob

Also, after years of playing MMO's and FPS online, the term Noob is derogatory ... I like being a Noob

So I'm a Noob, and I play games ... hence my online name.

I'm sure peeps see it and go, great a n00b, but I've been playing longer then most have been alive

See you all on the forums / in games / around the traps

NGP

My username comes from (and this should shock nobody) The Wizard of Oz. It's a movie I cannot stand, and my wife loves watching it. I hate this movie with a passion.

However, the characters in the movie represent not just facets about an individual person, but facets of the human consciousness as a whole. And it's not that Scarecrow represents the intelligence of the collective consciousness, but moreso he represents the human need to search for answers and truth. I consider myself trying to do the same.

I'm not sure what's worse - the fact that you are old enough to make that reference, or that I'm old enough to understand it.

My name is Rose...And I don't really know where Filia came from....Just kinda popped into my head.

Origin of your Myth-Weavers name..

So how did you come up with it? Just a random thought, was it an old character, something else? I'd like to know!

Mine was an old, limping, drunk dwarven warrior named Allder Witchslasher.. He had many adventures and was a lot of fun to play.. I still pay homage to him whenever I do a game ad by saying "I am Witchslasher! Named for a noble Dwarven clan!" whenever I intro myself