Notices

The Tavern

[QUOTE=error1;6203221]Depends on if you go with the current errata or not, they changed the way conjurations work in phb2 so that they last until the end of turn if they move out of range.

Using those rules I should be able to summon it, pick up the rope and move 5 squares in one turn, then move another 5 squares and a minor to have it tie off next turn.

Yes, you can move onto the bridge 5 squares and do what you intended, but that means moving onto the bridge, which I assumed you were trying to avoid.

I meant use the hand to pick up the rope and move 5 squares in one turn, then move another 5 squares and a minor to have it tie off next turn.

But you can only go a maximum of 15 squares without moving onto the bridge.

Turn 1: Move the rope 5 squares.
Turn 2, Move Action: Move the rope 5 squares (10 total).
Turn 2, Standard Action -> Move Action: Move the rope 5 squares (15 total).

You could spend an Action Point for another move action, though.

Also, you don't have a rope, according to your character sheet. And since most ropes come in 50 ft. increments you'll need to borrow two and tie them together.

No, IMO that would make mage hand too powerful for a cantrip. You can move it 5 squares from your person, then the effect ends.

You know what's kind of hilarious?

We're spending so much time figuring out how to avoid this bridge OOC, under the meta assumption it'll break... it would be great if the bridge ended up being perfectly fine.

yeah it is powerful, but if you want to make a house rule on conjurations I'm fine with it.
Not enough gp for tenser's, Gene should just cross and see what happens.

I normally drop games when there hasn't been any activity in a month. ComicsFan, is there any intention for this game to continue?

I get the feeling ComicsFan had something happen to him IRL. I'm rather worried as in the last game we had, he was reliable until an emergency came up and caused him to be absent for quite some time. He returned and started this game after since the other had stagnated too much. I have a feeling we might be looking at the same situation, which is too bad because I really love how he DMs.