Prologue: Meeting

 
Gwen takes a position near the head of the intrepid group, still giving the metal man a fair berth. It seems none of the others have ever climbed this mountain, even in the calm times... though that was many years and much has changed, some experience is better than none. Still, she pauses at the ravine, glancing at the wooden bridge. She would likely be able to take it fine, as well as the boy. But the older man, the blue-skinned man and the metal man are all a fair bit heavier. "We all have rope?" The question seems like more of a statement as she prods the bridge with her staff. Who would try to climb a mountain without rope?


"Yes, I at least do," Gene replies to her question. As he continues to look over the bridge, he adds, "I can try to cross first. I probably stand the best chance of getting across safely."

Gwendolyn frowns, then shakes her head. "No... I think I should. I'm likely the lightest." She stares at Gene just a moment longer, as though daring him to challenge her on that note, then continues. "And if I fall, the winds might be able to carry me for a bit, if I call to them." She reasons, gripping her staff.

Gene shrugs. "If that's how you feel, I won't argue with it. But I am used to keeping a good balance and dealing with hazards such as potential broken planks. Whatever you think is best, I'll go with it." They would all wind up crossing anyway, so whether he or this woman goes first is not a huge factor in his mind. If anything, it would be the warforged going last that would be most important.

Willem has spent the first part of this trek listening and watching. An experienced soldier, he had a habit of studying any man or woman who might prove to one day be an ally in battle, so that he might best take advantage of their abilities.

He fishes his rope from his pack almost absent-mindedly as the others discuss crossing the bridge.

"Well, I'm certainly not the lightest, but I can anchor a rope well enough. Anyone have an idea how solid that bridge is anyway?"

Carefully peeking into the ravine, he tries to evaluate the climb down.

OOC
Dice Roll: 1d20+5
d20 Results: 7 (Total = 12)
Perception to judge how hard it would be to climb down and up, in case the bridge is too dangerous.

The warforged materializes a long rope from within the folds of his robe and tosses it onto the ground.
"The purebred would be a better choice. Whoever goes, tie that rope off on the other end so the rest of us have an extra handrail. "





 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Myth-Weavers Status