Ultima Ratio Regum, Scene II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivere View Post
"Because I'm stupid and I didn't really know anything about it anyway," Lauren hunkered down again, hugging her knees.
"Why would you need to?" Erin asked, her face a stone mask.

"You're a fool," she whispered bitterly, and turning away. "But not in the way you seem to think."

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoTiamat View Post
"So what's the plan of action now?" Cynthia said, casting a sidelong glance at Lauren.
"I have some errands to run, and then we shall see about the Prince," Erin murmured. "I think we should be as careful and safe as we might. We may find demons after ourselves, after tonight."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin
"Why would you need to?"
"I shouldn't have opened my mouth!" Lauren said, exasperated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin
"You're a fool," she whispered bitterly, and turning away. "But not in the way you seem to think."
Lauren rubbed at her eyes. "Right. So, are you going to tell me why? What did I do this time?"

Quote:
Lauren rubbed at her eyes. "Right. So, are you going to tell me why? What did I do this time?"
"Do you need to ask? I ask you why you were wrong to make an innocent comment, and you cringe on the floor and call yourself stupid. That was your first response!" Erin snapped back at her.

Quote:
"I shouldn't have opened my mouth!" Lauren said, exasperated.
"Neither should I," Erin said quietly. "Enough. I have nothing more to say. We have work to do."